A winger.....

Guest wilyfox

Treacy gave us variety and contrasting ability compared to JJ and Antonio. We do miss his deliveries, but with the additions of Mayor and Pecnik I reckon that book is closed unfortunately.

Treacy made 2 starts for us in the 3rd Division. DJ and his network can probably name a dozen more likely solutions to a winger problem, if he sees a winger problem, which I doubt that he does.

Antonio undoubtedly transformed the season last year. If he's not the answer, a feller who played about half a dozen times from the bench can't be. We'll stay up with the squad we have. Not sure how MM feels about staying up being the target before the end of October though.

I read it afterwards mate so apologies if you thought I was directing the post at you more of a general comment.....

....The bigger underlying issues have been an unsettled defence......

...it will change unless the players heads go down and we take a real thumping I just haven't seen evidence to suggest we are that far apart from the teams that are beating us at the moment for it to happen.

No worries.

Yep, play only one of Antonio or JJ, (Antonio first choice) because they're too similar.

Agree with all the other bits wholeheartedly. Blackburn, Hull, Burnley, Leeds, Wolves, Bolton. Could have got something out of all those games, and none of them were anything to be in awe of.

I think there's an argument that a winger capable of putting his foot on the ball and getting involved in the play rather than being fed the ball like JJ and Antonio, which is why Bothroyd has played in that role, and played well.

We don't need Treacy.

We need Bothroyd up top not out wide.

I think we need a new striker and leave Bothroyd where he is. COG, Madine and Rodri are all decent but COG / Madine are too similar, and I'll be honest I don't rate Rodri.

We need some real pace up top for me.

....is it time to ring Keith Treacy??

Not a player who will set the world on fire but he is certainly a winger who can create space and delivery quality when needed!!

Please MM get someone of this nature!!

If he is remotely fit and mentally right then he is exactly what we need. I would also give Mayor a go.