A winger.....

Guest sjroberts

Might sound daft but i think we already have the required wingers at the club. I genuinely cant see why people are on Antonios back i seem him as a better performer so far this season, ok id like to see more but I think hes done enough to evade the "hes not what we thought" criticism.

No. There's a reason he's no way near the Burnley first team squad.

He was brilliant for us & I think he'd fit in well with our current crop of players.

Him not being in the burnley squad doesn't worry me.

I think he's definitely worth pursuing along with Baath.

Whats that reason? They are scoreing plenty of goals and the players that are in there squad are currently performing reasonably well? Never understand this arguement...There has been loads of cases where palyers have signed for other clubs and been a success.

Berbatov couldn't get on the bench at Man Utd but Fulham snapped him up...i am sure they didnt think he wasnt good enough or were worried he wasnt playing. Altough an higher standard its very much the same principal!!

Keith Treacy's left foot is somethign we are in desperate need of, regardless of if he playing or not at Burnley.

Guest sjroberts

Treacy an Batth are both part of the Promotion squad that many of us are saying should have been left a little more together.

John Sheridan was deemed not good enough for Forest or Leeds. Keith Treacy is everything we need right now. Our present team is unbalanced.

He was the player I wanted most of all from last season, but the rumours about his attitude and work rate cant all be false so I dont know if it would be a good move, he is a quality player though.

Danny Mayor has good touch, good pace and can play a pass though, I think we could do far worse than try and work him into the team.

He was the player I wanted most of all from last season, but the rumours about his attitude and work rate cant all be false so I dont know if it would be a good move, he is a quality player though.

Danny Mayor has good touch, good pace and can play a pass though, I think we could do far worse than try and work him into the team.

Agree with the attitude thing and heard thing myself...he looked over weight when he joned us but i am sure that is something that comes with hard work and training. Lets face it there was nobody worse for attitude and work rate (at times) at the club than JJ and Jones seems to have got him in shape and playing a lo tmore consistently then he ever has done.

I think Treacy would fit the bill and Jones would get him in shape and playing some good stuff!!

Treacy and Batth for me at the moment

I think 4-4-2 is the way forward...

If were going to play 4-4-2 then JJ & Antonio both can't start as it leaves us to open. A Treacy type player would balance the midfield.

DJ doesn't know his best 11 & imo that's why were playing 4-5-1 / 4-2-3-1 as he can get Semedo/barkely/corry/Antonio/Bothroyd/cog in These formations.

Agree with the attitude thing and heard thing myself...he looked over weight when he joned us but i am sure that is something that comes with hard work and training. Lets face it there was nobody worse for attitude and work rate (at times) at the club than JJ and Jones seems to have got him in shape and playing a lo tmore consistently then he ever has done.

I'm not a big fan of JJ if I'm honest, just irritates me, but I agree he has been better under Jones than other managers we've had.

Madine also has had his issues, Nile Ranger probably belongs in some sort of institution, and yet DJ managed to get these players on the straight and narrow, so maybe Treacy wouldnt be such a gamble.

On ability alone, I'd have him here any day of any week, when fully fit, theres a lot of Ben Marshallesque qualities in Treacy's game, and we know how effective that can be.

I have heard from various Burnley fans that I know that Treacy is a complete waster, I'm not saying he isn't a good player however the fact he is overweight says all that you need to know about his attitude.

Ill stick to my point, if Treacy wasn't overweight/ unfit he would be in the starting 11 for Burnley. At the moment he is playing for their reserves, surely you've got to wonder why?

Neither JJ not Antonio are capable of delivering consistent service to the forward(s).

JJ struggles to complete the most basic of passes usually. Give him the ball and watch him go. He'll do one of 3 thing;

go on a run and leave the ball behind at some point

go on a run and shoot a miss

go on a run and shoot and score (rare)

Antonio does very much the same, albeit with a better ability to make a simple pass. But he rarely does. His decision making is woeful.

Unfortunately they are our only unpredictable, creative outlets at the moment. But as soon as either one gets hold of the ball, the rest of the team may as well just stand still and watch (in fact many of them do this anyway for a large part of the game).

Neither JJ not Antonio are capable of delivering consistent service to the forward(s).

JJ struggles to complete the most basic of passes usually. Give him the ball and watch him go. He'll do one of 3 thing;

go on a run and leave the ball behind at some point

go on a run and shoot a miss

go on a run and shoot and score (rare)

Antonio does very much the same, albeit with a better ability to make a simple pass. But he rarely does. His decision making is woeful.

Unfortunately they are our only unpredictable, creative outlets at the moment. But as soon as either one gets hold of the ball, the rest of the team may as well just stand still and watch (in fact many of them do this anyway for a large part of the game).

yep. summed it up there I'm afraid.

JJ and Antonio in the same side usually = a frustrating afternoon, attacking though it seems on paper.