Think first THEN speak

Guest dave jones n.1

Guest dave jones n.1

My dad haha, some crap yes, but some quality, we r just having a bit of good old swfc poo pooty luck, I mean we just get bothroyd playing well and he's out, also llera and Gardner start to look solid and gardeners injured, but I must admit dropping cog for madine seems a bit odd.

How can you say that?

On current form, how can you actually say that?

What do you mean by form? If you look simply at results you may draw the conclusion that we will be relegated. If you look at how the players/team are actually performing at the moment a quite reasonable assertion is that we won't get relegated.

...though, in football, there is no such thing as FACT

What do you mean by form? If you look simply at results you may draw the conclusion that we will be relegated. If you look at how the players/team are actually performing at the moment a quite reasonable assertion is that we won't get relegated.

League table bottom 3.

Form table, bottom.

At the end of the season they don't look at 'how the players are playing'.

I actually don't understand your 'assertion'.

That's just blind faith I'm afraid. Faith counts for nothing.

Results do.

Why do a lot of people assume that once we win a game we'll automatically be fine? Yes, we could well go on a decent run but I think the nature of this division means that we'll go on another bad run or two before the season's out. My worry is our low points tally at the moment means we'll be playing catch-up from here on in, which means near enough play-off form is needed to keep our heads above water.

I would rather the team played like absolute dog poo on Saturday and took 3 points than played out of their skins and drew or lost.

Results come first, the performance comes second.

It's been along time since we managed both.

Stick with him - Not been DJ's biggest fan this season but thing is there are already Championship jobs available at Burnley, Blackburn and Ipswich

Any potential replacement for DJ will probably have a shout at those jobs as well

Add to that working for MM might not suit some candidates and we may be looking at replacing with a poor choice

When we got DJ we may have been lucky in that he didnt have many more options at the time - would he have come here if faced with choice of us or say Blackburn in current circumstances ???

Stick with him - Not been DJ's biggest fan this season but thing is there are already Championship jobs available at Burnley, Blackburn and Ipswich

Any potential replacement for DJ will probably have a shout at those jobs as well

Add to that working for MM might not suit some candidates and we may be looking at replacing with a poor choice

When we got DJ we may have been lucky in that he didnt have many more options at the time - would he have come here if faced with choice of us or say Blackburn in current circumstances ???

whose not to say Blackburn are in the wings waiting for the axe to fall on DJ? this is football - nothing would surprise me. Look where we are now?

I think we have now left it too late to replace Jones, too many other Clubs now looking for replacement managers, we will have to sink or swim with him, I,m getting me armbands out.

I love it when people put the word 'FACT' next to their oppinion to make their oppinion sound more valid than everyone elses.

For the record I agree that I think our squad is too good to go down, but it certainly aint a FACT.

I thought ou squad was too good to go down in'03. I thought our squad was too good to go down in '10. Could never pass it off as FACT though.

You sir, are either an admirable eternal optimist, or a very heavy drinker.

Hahaha maybe a bit of both. Looking back we were rather poo pooe, but at the time I could be sure O Connor was the best central midfielder in the league as was Grant the best keeper and Leon Clarke was better than Messi.

So everyone is moaning about the players DJ has brought in, the majority seem to want DJ out, right then let's sack him and bring someone else in, hold on won't the next manager be stuck with the exact same squad until January and even then most clubs won't sell decent players mid-season, so what possible good can sacking him do. If this squad is so terrible then surely we must just accept relegation. The squad is easily good enough to stay up FACT. Last season we trusted MM to steer our club to promotion, now it's time to suck it up, keep turning out in force and trust MM once more.

You need to heed your own advice.

Kinda ironic OP given the title of the thread....

Just said the same thing.