Think first THEN speak

Guest dave jones n.1

Guest dave jones n.1

So everyone is moaning about the players DJ has brought in, the majority seem to want DJ out, right then let's sack him and bring someone else in, hold on won't the next manager be stuck with the exact same squad until January and even then most clubs won't sell decent players mid-season, so what possible good can sacking him do. If this squad is so terrible then surely we must just accept relegation. The squad is easily good enough to stay up FACT. Last season we trusted MM to steer our club to promotion, now it's time to suck it up, keep turning out in force and trust MM once more.

The squad is easily good enough to stay up FACT. Last season we trusted MM to steer our club to promotion, now it's time to suck it up, keep turning out in force and trust MM once more.

We do keep turning out in force, and I dont want DJ sacked, far from it, but it doesnt mean people cant have an opinion on what they see when they do turn out in force.

This squad has done nothing to show that it is good enough to stay up so far, we have had to resort to playing one striker up front home and away, because we were haemorrhaging goals at the other end, we plugged that a bit but now we cant score at the other end as a result, We have 2 MASSIVEly overrated wingers who will create a total of about 4 goals all season and an apparent reluctance to change things around when we're chasing a game, its not a good recipe for surivival I'm afraid

I think there are other poor sides in the division, but saying that we are easily good enough to stay up, is difficult to back up at the moment.

Guest dave jones n.1

How can you say that?

On current form, how can you actually say that?

I genuinely think over the season this squad has enough quality to stay up.

I thought the same about us, last time we were relegated.

And, Sheffield United and Doncaster Rovers in previous seasons.

I also thought Sean O'Driscoll was a fine manager.

If you want facts look at the form and league table. If you disagree with those, come back and let me know why.

Guest dave jones n.1

Fair do's our form is bob, but the lads I spoke too who went last night all seemed to think were not too far away from Turing the corner, one things for sure firing the manager could do more harm than good. Maybe someone else could come in and get THIS squad winning, but I think that's probably a long shot.

Wait:

So the manager is good enough, but we have the exact same players until January - who may not be good enough - so we shouldn't be looking for a replacement manager, however; the players are actually good enough...

Wait:

So the manager is good enough, but we have the exact same players until January - who may not be good enough - so we shouldn't be looking for a replacement manager, however; the players are actually good enough...

Kinda ironic OP given the title of the thread....

Fair do's our form is bob, but the lads I spoke too who went last night all seemed to think were not too far away from Turing the corner, one things for sure firing the manager could do more harm than good. Maybe someone else could come in and get THIS squad winning, but I think that's probably a long shot.

watching on telly last Friday and listening to R5L last night it seems that we are not far away. If you think about it we've had some pretty poo pooty fixtures to get this new team together. Again, another example of bad luck to Wednesday so far this season. It's been working on the training ground for the last 3 or 4 weeks.

I'm amazed people really want DJ sacked, Where exactly has sacking managers got us over the last 15years?????

He was a messiah and totally transformed Megsons side last season with style of play and confidence to get the ball down, Gardner/Mccabe/Barkley/Antonio/Bothroyd are all good additions to our squad with the jury still out on a few.

He will get it right lets stick with him and let him build his own side in his style and see where we finish this season then build form there.

Who would who replace him with anyway that has a better track record?

I'm amazed people really want DJ sacked, Where exactly has sacking managers got us over the last 15years?????

He was a messiah and totally transformed Megsons side last season with style of play and confidence to get the ball down, Gardner/Mccabe/Barkley/Antonio/Bothroyd are all good additions to our squad with the jury still out on a few.

He will get it right lets stick with him and let him build his own side in his style and see where we finish this season then build form there.

i would be interested to actually see a vote on here! Neil is a 100% DJ man so I doubt it will happen.

By the way I vote keep him!

Edited by Bahrain Owl

Guest dave jones n.1

Wait:

Read it again slowly, I was pointing out most people on here seem to think either DJ and the squad r poo pooe or just DJ or just the squad, I am merely pointing out that this is the squad we have, the transfer window is closed, so in my opinion sacking DJ would be a futile waste of time......it's not that hard to understand...is it?

Kinda ironic OP given the title of the thread....

Read it again S L O W L Y

Nothing wrong with sacking managers if they are sacked at the right. Too many times in our history we've sacked the manager too late.

So everyone is moaning about the players DJ has brought in, the majority seem to want DJ out, right then let's sack him and bring someone else in, hold on won't the next manager be stuck with the exact same squad until January and even then most clubs won't sell decent players mid-season, so what possible good can sacking him do. If this squad is so terrible then surely we must just accept relegation. The squad is easily good enough to stay up FACT. Last season we trusted MM to steer our club to promotion, now it's time to suck it up, keep turning out in force and trust MM once more.

for many years now i thought any side who sack a manager (as we we're once good at) and THEN look for a replacement wanted their heads examining...

i think at present the managerial turmoil within this division is helping milan hold fire...

but it would help his situation greatly if your dad could get the side back to winning ways...

p.s.

he HAS brought some crap in...

This worries me. We had the first 3 games without a win followed by another 7 games of 'improved performances', and 'turning the corner'.

10 games in total and we're still not there.

This corner must be flippingmassive and we're turning at an incredibly slow speed.