Madine for COG

Matt le Tissier once went 12 games on the trot without scoring, in the top tier, he wasn't dropped once.

Le Tissier could ping 60 yard passes around the pitch landing on the exact square inch he aimed for, so I think his game was slightly more than scoring goals ;)

Madine just doesn't cut it for me and I don't think his game is improving.

Not sure how a player is supposed to improve their game when they don't have a consistent run in the side? 10 minutes here and there as a sub will not improve anyone's game.

My stance is, if we want to make this system really work for us, we need a cutting edge and that means bringing someone in As for COG and Madine, both have their attributes , and I'm sure would have a role to play as we move forward. I'd be more inclined to send Maguire out on loan as he really isn't getting a look in and he needs to be playing. A new striker though is essential if we want to start turning decent performances into results

Guest super swfc

JJ or Mayor in for COG imo - get Bothroyd up top now he's gained abit of match fitness.

spot on now that's Wat i call a plan and if that doesn't work bring cog on for the impact.

Guest wilyfox

I'd keep the same side that performed well against Leeds. O'Grady is our top scorer, and deserves to keep his place on merit. Madine needs to show something when coming off the bench first to be handed a starting place.

well I'm talking about right now

no way would I start madine before cog on current form

Madine is the better player, and if he got his form back would start ahead for COG everytime.

Trouble is you need to be starting games and get into the haobit of playing to get your form back.

Rightly at the moment, COG is starting over Madine, but at some point COG is going to have to be dropped to make the room for Madine to play - harsh on COG but true.

I've been to every game. COG's first touch is shocking. He is ok playing 442 but on his own he offers little. How many shots on target has he had playing up front on his own ? Madine has hardly had a chance - when he did we played our best football against the Brummies

Gonads! He is the only player who can play the 4-5-1. He can have a heavy touch sometimes, however, virtually everytime he still gets the ball! His role is to hold the ball up and get it to midfield, something he does very well

Yes we played good football against Brum, but that was a different formation!

People thinking Madine would be better in the role than O'Grady....what on earth gives you that idea? Madine is VERY lightweight, and being up against 2 defenders all game means he would be useless at the role. We've already seen how easily he gets pushed off the ball / goes down. That very rarely happens with O'Grady

is Madine rubbish, not at all. O'Grady just suits this formation better than Madine does!

Playing 4-1-4-1 - COG is the only option. One, he's as strong as an ox and holds the ball; two, he is happy to do it without his head dropping or having a mardy. Not criticising the others, but players can and do get frustrated playing the lone striker role - COG just gets on with it.

Madine is a more natural goalscorer, but I'm far from convinced that he could operate in the lone striker role at the moment.

The notion that he is better holding the ball up is absolutely farcical also.