Madine for COG

If DJ is going to stick with 451 surely Madine would be a better option to play the lone role, he can hold up play better and has a better first touch. He also wins a lot of free kicks wich we are dangerous from. Don't get me wrong COG is a decent player but Madine is the better option.

If DJ is going to stick with 451 surely Madine would be a better option to play the lone role, he can hold up play better and has a better first touch. He also wins a lot of free kicks wich we are dangerous from. Don't get me wrong COG is a decent player but Madine is the better option.

Stopped reading here.

Nonsense.

Guest Milan da man

You been to any games this season ?

The ball doesn't stick to madine.

The ball sticks to COG like fly paper.

And I'm not one of these that bums COG all of a sudden. It's just fact.

Thread over

COG is growing on me as a player without a doubt. He does not look out of place in this league and looks better this season now we are playing the ball on the deck.

that said , I am not sure about where the goals are coming from in this system.

DJ will sort it though. his teams have always scored goals.

If only holding the ball up was what was required, then COG would be a top striker. When we have players the calibre of Barkley and Bothroyd we really need a striker who can also make runs in behind the defence. In truth none of our strikers can do this

I've been to every game. COG's first touch is shocking. He is ok playing 442 but on his own he offers little. How many shots on target has he had playing up front on his own ? Madine has hardly had a chance - when he did we played our best football against the Brummies

not jumping on an anti madine bandwaggon

but COG at the moment is ten times better than Madine

in recent games i would agree.

But not as an overall assessment of each player. I think madine has the greater instinct and finishing ability. He will come good.

well I'm talking about right now

no way would I start madine before cog on current form

Well i doubt Jones will.

But if COG goes a few more games without getting in on goal or scoring he may reconsider. At the moment we seem quite dependent on Antonio and Bothroyd getting through on goal.

I am sure DJ will be looking at this issue himself aswell. It isn't quite working in the final 3rd.

Guest Go For It Owl

Chrissy O'Grady

Chrissy o'grady

Oh chrissy o'grady

Oh chrissy chrissy o'grady is flipping better than Gary Madine

Hey ho here we f...ing go