Back to the football, how about a striker?

We've already got 5 of them.

I know this isn't a popular suggestion but I'd play Madine as the main front man and once he's settled he'll start scoring again IMO

I'd go along with this, Madine would really benefit from a run in the side and IMO would score goals at this level.

We've already got 5 of them.

I know this isn't a popular suggestion but I'd play Madine as the main front man and once he's settled he'll start scoring again IMO

i disagree...

i do believe to op is correct in what he states, however none of present players are prolific enough though...

but, to bring in a 20 goal a season man, 1) we have to find someone with one to spare, and 2) if we bring in that type will he be less effective up front as the target that cog is in build up play?...

kirkland

buxton

llera

gardener

jones

semedo

antonio

barkley

bothroyd

rodri

cog

hahaha! have we suddenly become so good we can play with 10?

rodri, have to pick the wee spanish laddie don't we...

he's awful, he's so lightweight he drifts along like a dandelion fairy blown on the breeze...

we've a sleeves rolled up job to do to stay in this division, picking players who are an advantage to our opponents is not the way to go...

RODRI... :tango:

Yeah drop Kirkland, too many mistakes and didn't dive very well for Tonge's goal.

Also, Bywater makes the defenders defend better deffo.

For real? We could have had 2 keepers and they probably wouldn't have saved it IMO.

I think Kirkland has been excellent since he signed- commanding in his area and makes some terrific saves.

If he is mentally ok to play on Wednesday, I wouldn't think twice about picking him.

Guest Big Guns

Frazier Campbell, he would be good at making those darting runs. Would also be good alongside COG if we changed the system

I would love Campbell he'd deffo make a difference..

I think we have good striking options. I would like to see the system evolve and bothroyd get more time in and around the penalty box, where he can do serious damage.

I rate COG highly, but as the season goes on, I can see his goal return being questioned again. I think with Rodri, Madine and Maguire there is healthy and decent competition to be Jay's strike partner.

Not discarding any of them, but in this system none of the four will score goals. Certainly COG is the best at holding the ball up, but seriously, when you have people like Barkley and Bothroyd who can both pick a pass, you really have to aspire to more than simply holding the ball up

For real? We could have had 2 keepers and they probably wouldn't have saved it IMO.

I think Kirkland has been excellent since he signed- commanding in his area and makes some terrific saves.

If he is mentally ok to play on Wednesday, I wouldn't think twice about picking him.

No definately not for real - Can't believe how good Kirkland's been so far. Just amazed at some of those wanting Bywater to come in.

No definately not for real - Can't believe how good Kirkland's been so far. Just amazed at some of those wanting Bywater to come in.

Thank God- I had to ask because it was only about 2-3 weeks ago that there was a long thread about people wanting Kirkland dropped for Bywater.

First name on the team sheet for me- he looks an excellent goalkeeper and terrific business on a free provided he stays clear of injuries.

Agree with OP said it myself on Friday, COG works his b*llocks of but he's a striker and their judged on goals, just can't see him getting enough of them up there on his own, and I do think we've found a formation that's suits the players we've got just need someone explosive up front to apply the finishes wether madine, McGuire or rodri can provide that I'm very unsure!

hahaha! have we suddenly become so good we can play with 10?

rodri, have to pick the wee spanish laddie don't we...

he's awful, he's so lightweight he drifts along like a dandelion fairy blown on the breeze...

we've a sleeves rolled up job to do to stay in this division, picking players who are an advantage to our opponents is not the way to go...

RODRI... :tango:

I predict an egg on face moment for you at some stage this season.