Back to the football, how about a striker?

I'd keep it as it is for now. If scoring goals becomes a problem we could switch Bothroyd up front, switch Antonio to the right and bring in a left midfielder (on the basis that it may be easier to pick up a quality left midfielder than a 20 goal a season striker).

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Rodri may take longer to adapt like Pecnik. Wouldn't write them off just yet though.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

I'd leave it for the moment, but if scoring becomes an issue I'd like to see Madine get a run up front. I think given time he could do the lone striker role while making some better runs and scoring a few more. He's equally as good at bringing others into play, not sure how he'd do with holding the ball up.

Thats right, wouldn't really want to write any of our strikers off just yet. People have a habit of writing off anyone who is not in the side, or at least the matchday squad. Its a long season and I'm sure all will play a part at some stage. However, with Bothroyd settling into a more withdrawn role, I do think we need to bring in a different type of striker. Perhaps, as I said in the other thread, it might be beneficial to send Maguire, who's not really getting much of a look in at the moment, out on loan and replace him with someone who can operate as a single striker