I think they should take some responsibility for the events tonight. Leeds fans in Sheffield on a Friday night? Madness.

I'm sure if they hadn't have picked it for a live game it would have been moved to a 1 kick off. Same with Dingles away. That normally gets moved but what Sky want Sky get without a thought to safety it seems.

In no way am I excusing them vile creatures by the way.

Agree 100% with the OP. 7.45 k.o just invites fans to smash as many tins down on the short train journey to Sheff as they can. Most people finish work early on Friday too. Not that half the trouble causing Leeds scum actually have jobs.

You also might see foreign leagues having the best players as they have the best revenue deals - something we all wouldnt want to see.

Why not? I think football would be much, much better if it was primarily english players playing for teams.

You also might see foreign leagues having the best players as they have the best revenue deals - something we all wouldnt want to see.

Messi, Ronaldo etc?

This country pays crazy money to players who are average at best

The whole paying most has brought us the best players just isnt true

All thats happened is that Sky own football, and the average family cant afford to come anymore

Owlstalk Shop

Messi, Ronaldo etc?

This country pays crazy money to players who are average at best

The whole paying most has brought us the best players just isnt true

All thats happened is that Sky own football, and the average family cant afford to come anymore

Agree Madrid and Barca always have the pick of the worlds best players and take them in their prime, the premiership gets the leftovers

Guest totemowl

Let's give in to the hooligans.

Instead of televising a top game to over half a million people choose some non-descript game instead.

Limit a passionate Yorkshire derby to those who can get tickets.

Keep what the hooligans have to do away from the cameras. Even better pretend it only happens when the cameras are there. And only happens at certain times of day.

Suggest all our games where tensions are high are moved to earlier times, 1pm, midday, 11am. Making it more of an issue to those fans who have other commitments or long distances to travel.

Ban booze, because after all in a few cases booze does lead to violence, etc, so stop everyone from having a pre match drink.

Take some of the blame off the hooligans and blame Sky.

Clean their scum up - no, all scum up - by giving into them.

The way forward.

ffs

Guest TonyOwl88

No... the responsibility is all theirs. Once you start shifting blame and excusing disgraceful behaviour with things like this, you take away from the fact that everyone is responsible for their own actions, and the L***ds scum should face sanctions because they CHOSE to run onto the pitch and assault players, and CHOSE to try and rush the North Stand, just like they CHOSE to sing vial songs directed at Dave Jones.

Same applies to everyone... no excuses. (btw I do think chants about Turkey fall short of the bar too)