Gary Madine.... ready for the call up against Leeds United...

Guest BirdonaMaguire

When was this ?

He's hardly played....

lol

He's had his chances dammit....them 3 league cup starts and 2 in the league, come on that is more than enough time to judge

This is what he really said.

GARY Madine insists that the Championship holds no fears for Sheffield Wednesday and he looks upon the Yorkshire derby against Leeds on Friday as a chance for the club to kick-start their season.

The striker admits that confidence may have suffered during the spell of seven defeats in eight games after earlier hopes of a challenge for the play-offs.

But he has still faith in the ability of the squad.

“Lookin at wor group iv lads at the start iv the season, it leukt as if wuh weren’t ganin tuh be far awa.,” he said.

“confidence meet hev dropped fair. but thor are a lot iv canny players heor waitin tuh shine, “when wuh laik leeds, hopefully it’s ganin tuh kick-start wor season. wuh hev quality aaal owor the pitch, includin michail antonio - he gan beat a blurk an' put the baal on someone’s heed.”

Madine also hopes for a chance to help the team after being mostly a sub this season:

“i’ve nivvor had a run in the championship. i’m absolutely itchin fo' yen. ah haven’t seen mich that ah nee't tuh be scared iv. hopefully me chance will cum soon,” he said.

The scorer of 18 goals in the promotion season conceded that Jay Bothroyd has greater experience and Chris O’Grady has made a mark.

Madine issued a reminder that he is still around when he hit two goals in the 3-2 win against Sheffield United for an Owls development side coached by Lee Bullen.

“he’s a blurk ah hev a lot iv respect fo', “. says Madine.

“it wes a case iv ganin yeut thor an' puttin the effort in.”

Madine also made news by passing up the chance of a hat-trick, by allowing his young strike partner, Caolan Lavery, to take a penalty.

“i probably shud hev tekn it, but ah thowt he needed a goal mare than ah needed tuh scair a hat-trick in an under-21 gyem,”. he said.

“unfortunately fo' caolan, he missed, but hopefully he’ll tek the next yen an' stick it awa.

“he’s a breath iv fresh air. he works hard, he’s quick, makes canny runs an' is a canny finishor. ah think he’s got a canny future.”

In pondering his own prospects, Madine hopes to force hinself into the first team:

“aal yee gan dee is wark hard, an' yee gan anny learn from ja an' wor coach, wilko [paul wilkinson], whe wes a strikor,”.he said.

“hopefully i’m neet an' aaal far off.

“i’m mare than confident that if ah laik i’ll git goals: ah showed that the othor neet. aa'd twa chances an' scored twa goals.

“i’m ready an' waitin. the gaffor knows i’m thor.”

But he has had game time, and dispite your constant claims of him chomping at the bit, he has still looked innefective IMO, opposition managers have said in their post match comments, how our attacking threat has either grown or diminished when COG has been the striker i will leave it there, but hope he, if picked, well and truly rams my opinion of his ability down my throat, although i doubt it.

Have to agree with ICO, Madine has had game time and looked disinterested. COG on the other hand has took his opportunities even when he would have been entitled to be miffed off. As a sidenote, don't think Madine and Bothroyd would work. Especially in a team that doesn't provide good service from wide areas.

Does anyone actually read and believe these articles....it's just the PR machine churning out quotes to appease the fans...

I love Wednesday fans

Damned if you do... damned if you don't

Have to agree with ICO, Madine has had game time and looked disinterested.

Yeah...

He's had a run of games where he's really let us down...

All those times he's started this season and not produced the goods innit

Owlstalk Shop

He is unfortunately not good enough for the Championship. Destroy my soul Madine and prove "THE MADOWL" wrong.

His movement up front lets him down - work rate not good enough - finishing not bad though.

We need a proper striker ........ O'Grady Bothroyd Madine Rodri don't fit the natural goalscorer bill. Our only

natural goalscorer Ryan Lowe has gone. Finished for fun that fella, just never given a chance.

As much as I was a fan of Madine. I have to disagree about playing time he has been given time and not took it, O'Grady who was being given less time than Madine took his chance when he had too. That's football you can't just back one striker for 5-6 games and hope they do it he's in a competitive team and needs to forget what he's done in the past and focus on what he needs to do now. He can't get in the team on past glories.

Well said, Neil and co can carry on wearing their Madine blinkers, but I have seen nothing from him this season that warrants the praise they all bestow on him.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

He is unfortunately not good enough for the Championship. Destroy my soul Madine and prove "THE MADOWL" wrong.

His movement up front lets him down - work rate not good enough - finishing not bad though.

We need a proper striker ........ O'Grady Bothroyd Madine Rodri don't fit the natural goalscorer bill. Our only

natural goalscorer Ryan Lowe has gone. Finished for fun that fella, just never given a chance.

Lowe was wasteful in front of goal, I'm sure Madine scored more consistently to chances given than Lowe for us.

Guest Stereophonics

Madine hasn't played at this level so he needs a few games to adjust. Why is that so hard to understand? No good dj taking him off after 45 mins if he hasn't scored either, especially if he isn't getting service.

Wednesday fans need to have more respect for Madine. It is a long time since we had a good young player and we should support him especially since he helped fire us to promotion

But when will he score one and how long can we afford to wait?

PS I like him, not having a go but there's one place up for grabs up front (which is all DJs fault imo) and COG has been better this season, no question.

Edited by Almat

But when will he score one and how long can we afford to wait?

PS I like him, not having a go but there's one place up for grabs up front (which is all DJs fault imo) and COG has been better this season, no question.

Youre right

All thise games Madine has started where he has let us down

All those chances he has had, being picked week in week out and hes not scored

Time to get him out the starting lineup and let someone else have a chance

Mad...

Owlstalk Shop