Gary Madine.... ready for the call up against Leeds United...

Youre right

All thise games Madine has started where he has let us down

All those chances he has had, being picked week in week out and hes not scored

Time to get him out the starting lineup and let someone else have a chance

Mad...

So you are clearly telling DJ to drop Bothroyd - which imo he's not allowed to do (and IIRc you tend to agree here). Or are you saying drop, on this season's form, our best striker, COG? Who's it to be?

Edited by Almat

Lets be honest dj has got himself in a right mess. 433 or 442? Don't think he knows.

New signings or last years. Don't think he is sure.

Madine is just an example of this. We need to play 442 if Madine is to start yet he has played 433 last two games.

I am not sure what we should be playing but what i do know is that we should have sorted the preferred system pre season, should have started the season with our preferred 11 and new players integrated slowly into the team.

Instead we have had a shambles and for the life of me i cannot understand how dj and the other experienced people running the club let it happen.

Lets be honest dj has got himself in a right mess. 433 or 442? Don't think he knows.

New signings or last years. Don't think he is sure.

Madine is just an example of this. We need to play 442 if Madine is to start yet he has played 433 last two games.

I am not sure what we should be playing but what i do know is that we should have sorted the preferred system pre season, should have started the season with our preferred 11 and new players integrated slowly into the team.

Instead we have had a shambles and for the life of me i cannot understand how dj and the other experienced people running the club let it happen.

Don't forget 4-5-1 for the last home game. :st2:

I remember that Brighton fan saying they play 4-5-1 at home too, Unsurprisingly nobody really paid any attention.

I wonder how many other teams do.

Like I said in earlier post it matters not what the manager is doing if you are winning. Formations are open to interpretation anyway. You can play 4-5-1 and use it to attack the opposition from the flanks or you can use it to try and sneak a draw at home against a team arriving off the back of their own 3 game unbeaten run, like we did.

Edited by Almat

Yep, could go on all day about systems.

We actually started the season playing 4411 with a second striker, Rodri or Pecnik, playing just behind our main striker. Strangely , we gave up on that when the overseas players did not seem up to the pace away from home, and without giving the man who played that role pre-season , Maguire , a fair crack of the whip.