Gary Madine.... ready for the call up against Leeds United...

Not making light of your personal circumstances trev, but he must sound better on the radio than he looks in the flesh if you dont think he should have been dropped, maybe he should take up journalism after that article, I bet the Leeds rearguard will be rubbing their hands with glee, if they have his timid presence to face, rarther than COG

understand what you are saying intercity mate but i wouldn't have dropped cog either , to my mind bothroyed should have started from the bench and earned his shirt , thefore the pairing would either blossom'd or not as the case maybe ,if it didn't then bothroyd would be pushing for a place ,so madine would have to produce or sit it out ,

I know there's loads of banter about Madine and how much I love him and to be honest it's all been a bit tongue in cheek BUT I have to say that he's genuinely a top pro footballer who's got a sound attitude and is more mature than he is given credit for

Yes - he's had his off-field stuff happening but that's away from SWFC.

At the club he's a top lad with a grounded attitude who will serve this club well

With a run of games I'd tip him to score a goal every two games in this division and when he gets a straight run of games to prove himself he will.

Top lad

:madine: :wub: :madine: :wub: :madine: :wub: Edited by Spookone

Madine's attitude this season has been top. He is clearly chomping at the bit, I wouldn't be surprised if he has been nagging the hell out of DJ!

He's doing everything right, put in a shift with the U21s and waiting for his chance.

Would like to him to start up front with Bothroyd.

Guest intercity0wl

Top scorer last season

Not had a chance this season

Wednesday in bottom three and hardly ripping it up this year

Not sure how you come to that conclusion tbh

I Can only go on what my eyes have told me, hence my own opinion, and that is that when he has played either from the start or from the bench he has spent most of the time sat on his arse, either looking up at the centre back who has blown him to the floor, or at the ref who invariablty seems to be saying (and rightly so) "get up ya soft bugger"

understand what you are saying intercity mate but i wouldn't have dropped cog either , to my mind bothroyed should have started from the bench and earned his shirt , thefore the pairing would either blossom'd or not as the case maybe ,if it didn't then bothroyd would be pushing for a place ,so madine would have to produce or sit it out ,

Spot on mate.

Not making light of your personal circumstances trev, but he must sound better on the radio than he looks in the flesh if you dont think he should have been dropped, maybe he should take up journalism after that article, I bet the Leeds rearguard will be rubbing their hands with glee, if they have his timid presence to face, rarther than COG

Spot on.

I Can only go on what my eyes have told me, hence my own opinion, and that is that when he has played either from the start or from the bench he has spent most of the time sat on his arse, either looking up at the centre back who has blown him to the floor, or at the ref who invariablty seems to be saying (and rightly so) "get up ya soft bugger"

He did that last season - finished top scorer despite people's whinging about it

This season we're in the bottom 3, struggling, our fans still wanting to pick fault with Madine despite him not playing, and with Madine sat on the bench chomping at the bit to get on...

It's that simple

Owlstalk Shop

Guest intercity0wl

Bit of a quandry that one Trev, Bothroyd was, by his own admission complety unfit when he came, and i too found it a complete mystery why he was put straight in, which can arguably be used as a reason we dropped valuable points

But put him in he did, and in the last game, even though playing out wide (very baffling) it was obvious that now his fitness had been regained he is a player of immence quality, and i would argue much better than anything Madine is capable of, and if played in the correct possition, with Antonio on one flank, and more importantly playing JJ in his normal position , then i think we may be about to see the positive results of DJ's perserverance of playing him

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Madine needs games, he's a very very good prospect, he needs to bulk up a bit but he's a better goalscorer than anyone else in our squad.

Guest intercity0wl

He did that last season - finished top scorer despite people's whinging about it

This season we're in the bottom 3, struggling, our fans still wanting to pick fault with Madine despite him not playing, and with Madine sat on the bench chomping at the bit to get on...

It's that simple

But he has had game time, and dispite your constant claims of him chomping at the bit, he has still looked innefective IMO, opposition managers have said in their post match comments, how our attacking threat has either grown or diminished when COG has been the striker i will leave it there, but hope he, if picked, well and truly rams my opinion of his ability down my throat, although i doubt it.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I'd agree with that.

--------------------------Kirkland---------------------

Buxton ------------- Llera -------------- Taylor --------------Mattock

JJ -------------------- McCabe ---------- Semedo ---------- Antonio

-----------------------Bothroyd ------------ Madine -------------------