Would you still support?

Guest @DSapeyOwl

Not a hope in hell. I think I'd rub my hands with football altogether. I don't like the way the game has gone over the last decade with all the cheating and dispisable foreign players ruining our beautiful game, so I'd just lose interest.

I'd probably go once to say I've been, then concentrate on finishing the 92 before rogering it all off altogether. I'm a Wednesday fan from nowhere near Sheffield and would have no pride what so ever in a team formed solely for the city of Sheffield (sorry all).

Not a chance

I'd rather start all over again in the conference or even lower leagues than that.

Imagine 10,000 of us trying to get into Park Steels ground.... Things would be very interesting as we battled our way up through the leagues.

Exactly this. In effect we would do what AFC Wimbledon have done and we would change our name back to The Wednesday. Its a no brainer.

Guest Bedders

If Wednesday and United Merged into Sheffield City? I don't really know the Sheffield area so the ground would be at somewhere like in a field in Chapeltown and we played in purple and white stripes?

Game over for me........and for that reason alone....I'd be out!

I'm not from Sheffield, having lived in the Hope Valley, and then within the borough of Rotherham for all of my life, so other than Wednesday have no affiliation to Sheffield whatsoever, so couldn't see me suddenly starting to supprt some team called Sheffield City. I support Wednesday because my dad was from Ecclesfield, followed Wednesday from being a kid and my mum's family were died in the wool Wednesday too. My team, the only team, was founded in 1867, with all of the history that goes with that, and some newly formed club would have none of that.

If the two clubs amalgamated, they wouldn't suddenly become "my" club, and I'd stop watching professional football. I might start walking down the rec on Sunday morning to watch local football, but Sheffield City? Nah, never.

If Wednesday and United Merged into Sheffield City? I don't really know the Sheffield area so the ground would be at somewhere like in a field in Chapeltown and we played in purple and white stripes?

It will never Happen fact.so please no more talk about the two clubs merging. :ghoulguy:

I think 45,000 people- 25,000 dressed in blue and 20,000 dressed as pigs armed with pitchforks and primitive digging weapons would march on the stated field in Chapeltown, dig it up and spread the turf over a surface of several square miles.

Then they would return to their homes, to the acclaim of the multitudes who would be shouting "jobs a good 'un "

I certainly wouldn't be in favour of it, but if they did I would presume Don Valley Stadium would get the nod as the home ground, certainly not anywhere in Chap!

Don Valley Stadium?never,Totally unsuitable either as a rugby league or as a football ground when you consider that you will need binoculars to watch the game. :ghoulguy: