Would you still support?

Guest @DSapeyOwl

Guest @DSapeyOwl

If Wednesday and United Merged into Sheffield City? I don't really know the Sheffield area so the ground would be at somewhere like in a field in Chapeltown and we played in purple and white stripes?

It's easy to say a big fat NO now and i would mean it.

However, if there wasn't another option then who knows how peoples feelings would develop?

That said, i'm pretty sure that Wednesday would reform in a different guise and maybe start at non league or summat.

I would be there!

UTO!

No. It would be a disaster. The city has two well supported clubs already merging the two won't improve things. It would be a soulless abomination on the scale of MK Dons for me. If this happened I and thousands of others would support the new Wednesday team that would be set up at non- league level. I'd wish United luck in their attempt to do the same.

Really it is irrelevant because it won't happen.

Guest tha_knows

I certainly wouldn't be in favour of it, but if they did I would presume Don Valley Stadium would get the nod as the home ground, certainly not anywhere in Chap!

Its been suggested before but it would work if we halved everything

We'd have Sheffield off the pigs and Wednesday from us and call the new team Sheffield Wednesday

The pigs could provide the white stripe and we could supply the blue, and play in blue and white

Both have black shorts so that will stay the same

We could play the games at Hillsbrough cos its bigger

Sorted, lets get it done