"BOLTONS DEMISE SINCE MEGSON"

Guest mark mark

Was talking to bolton fan who said megson was given alot of money to spend at Bolton.

Allerdyce was sacked because he kept asking for a decent budget and then Megson got appointed and was given it.

40 million plus.

Allerdyce was the manager the fans wanted. Not Megson.

Was talking to bolton fan who said megson was given alot of money to spend at Bolton.

Allerdyce was sacked because he kept asking for a decent budget and then Megson got appointed and was given it.

40 million plus.

Allerdyce was the manager the fans wanted. Not Megson.

Megson had a 9M transfer deficit at Bolton FACT. he was hounded out by small minded upstarts who think Bolton are better and bigger than they are(same as Blackburn) i hope they both sink another division

Megson had a 9M transfer deficit at Bolton FACT. he was hounded out by small minded upstarts who think Bolton are better and bigger than they are(same as Blackburn) i hope they both sink another division

Why would you hope that unless you are megson himself?

I find it weird how people like you mix up your SWFC allegiance with your allegiance to him.

Why would you hope that unless you are megson himself?

I find it weird how people like you mix up your SWFC allegiance with your allegiance to him.

^^^This.

Why would anybody like to see the demise of these two is beyond. Who else should we see take there place? Two clubs with sterile, happy clapping supporters with no passion? Or do we allow the gulf between the top of the Prem Widen?

Guest Triplej2

^^^This.

Why would anybody like to see the demise of these two is beyond. Who else should we see take there place? Two clubs with sterile, happy clapping supporters with no passion? Or do we allow the gulf between the top of the Prem Widen?

To be honest it wouldn't bother me if Bolton and Blackburn ended up in the 3rd division again, they both get on my boobies in terms of blandness and sketchy support.

I dislike bolton because of how they treated Megson.

Likewise blackburn and Kean.

Both tinpot with sh!t fans

Errrrm, don't really see the comparison.

Megson kept up Bolton despite them making the worst start to a season in Premier League history before he was appointed, he also guided them to the last 16 of the UEFA cup including a 2 leg victory over Bayern Munich, when his chairman told him to play a reserve team, and he also signed fantastic players like Cahill, Lee ans Steinsson out of obscurity for a pittance.

Kean was a yes man and total joke appointed by a seriously weird group of chairman who tore up the mid-table team he inheritted. I also met him this summer, and belive me he know naff all about football.

The greater comparison is with Newcastle who started doing well when the board ignored their concerns and got rid of the likes of Keegan and Shearer as manager, and shipped out Nolan/Barton to replace them with little know Frenchmen Tiote and Cabaya who were twice as good but cost half as much.

Edited by beloved_aunt

Interesting article. Megson has been a victim of the press as much as anything. It's not enough just to blame the fans - the fans get their opinion from the press, and the press has basically singled out Megson for producing a bland and backward type of football. That's why he has been hounded out of clubs.

I'll never forget the feeling of the derby win last season because of megson being hugged by the players and clearly loving it every bit as much as the fans. He's not perfect, no manager is, but he is wednesday; and I'll always remember that day.

Now we've moved on and I'm not one of these people saying Megson should come back in - but I'll always admire him for what he did - he gave wednesday belief and a backbone - how many managers have been able to do that? Very, very few in my lifetime.

Errrrm, don't really see the comparison.

Megson kept up Bolton despite them making the worst start to a season in Premier League history before he was appointed, he also guided them to the last 16 of the UEFA cup including a 2 leg victory over Bayern Munich, when his chairman told him to play a reserve team, and he also signed fantastic players like Cahill, Lee ans Steinsson out of obscurity for a pittance.

Kean was a yes man and total joke appointed by a seriously weird group of chairman who tore up the mid-table team he inheritted. I also met him this summer, and belive me he know naff all about football.

The greater comparison is with Newcastle who started doing well when the board ignored their concerns and got rid of the likes of Keegan and Shearer as manager, and shipped out Nolan/Barton to replace them with little know Frenchmen Tiote and Cabaya who were twice as good but cost half as much.

Has to be said, Mike Ashley has completely rejuvenated Newcastle. Getting relegated turned out the best thing to ever happen t them.