DI CANIO to Bolton?

Guest Milan da man

Guest Milan da man

lol

This thread has some classic made up poo pooe

And that's by Owlstalk's standards

THAT is how bad this thread is...

lol

Why don't you no b off then baldy locks!!

If its not the subject u want it to be - its no good

Your like a spin doctor for swfc

Wouldn't want him anywhere near us as manager. His Chairman was on Radio Five a few weeks ago, saying he's a million miles away from the finished article, and is just about at his level, at the moment. He reckons Swindon have a low profile, and Di Canio gets away with stuff there, he simply wouldn't get away with higher up the league/at a bigger club, because he isn't on the national radar down there at Swindon. FRom what I've seen he's a bit of a loose canon, who needs to get a grip.

Maybe because the Chairman knows he will never, ever, ever get anyone the same quality or personality as him at Swindon, he decides to 'muddy' the waters.

I would have him at S6 in a moment...but we have a manager.

Guest totemowl

I'd be quite happy to risk di Canio here as manager. Behind the hothead, ultra right wing, immature exterior (media profile), is a passionate, intelligent, man motivator, at least judging by what he's achieved at Swindon so far. He seems to understand what success is all about and could be an inspired choice. He knows the club.

Of course, i'd want to interview him just to make sure he's not too risky!

Guest Milan da man

I'd be quite happy to risk di Canio here as manager. Behind the hothead, ultra right wing, immature exterior (media profile), is a passionate, intelligent, man motivator, at least judging by what he's achieved at Swindon so far. He seems to understand what success is all about and could be an inspired choice. He knows the club.

Of course, i'd want to interview him just to make sure he's not too risky!

This

Guest Milan da man

pdc never brought any success to our club. Tallented footballer but his teams always seemed to be close to relegation

Do you think this is because we had di Canio in the team, or lee briscoe & Jon newsome?

Do you think this is because we had di Canio in the team, or lee briscoe & Jon newsome?

no i think its because no successful club wanted him due to the fact he does whats best for pdc, only the desperate were prepared to take a chance on him .

pdc never brought any success to our club. Tallented footballer but his teams always seemed to be close to relegation

Really?

It hardly got much better without him did it?

When Atkinson was the manager results with Di Canio in the team were good. Wilson couldn't manage him and masterminded our downfall.

Some have said Di Canio hardly helped matters in terms of wanting out of the club. This may be true but had the club supported him I think he would have stayed until the end of the season, he has rarely left any club of his own accord mid-campaign.

If he did want away it was because he could see that the manager who got the best out of him at Hillsborough had been spitefully sacked and had been replaced by someone who was out of his depth.

I don't think now would be a good time for him to be our manager.

no i think its because no successful club wanted him due to the fact he does whats best for pdc, only the desperate were prepared to take a chance on him .

Manchester United wanted him when he was at West Ham and came very close to signing him.

helps when you have a fanbase of 50 million.we may have had a side that could give em a run for there money but we never matched them as a club .

I don't think we could've matched them but my point is we stood still rather than acting just as football really got going money wise

lol

This thread has some classic made up poo pooe

And that's by Owlstalk's standards

THAT is how bad this thread is...

lol

Hold on a minute, am I missing something here. My memory recalls our best player needlessly pushing over a granted tail of a ref, getting themself a 11 match ban. He then went on the run to Italy and vowed to return for the fans. The same fans he took the puss out of after beating us. If my memory is incorrect and it wouldn't be the first time, what have I missed the treatment from our club?

Hold on a minute, am I missing something here. My memory recalls our best player needlessly pushing over a granted tail of a ref, getting themself a 11 match ban. He then went on the run to Italy and vowed to return for the fans. The same fans he took the puss out of after beating us. If my memory is incorrect and it wouldn't be the first time, what have I missed the treatment from our club?

The truth....and not the made up 'facts' from the club. The lack of public and internal support for a player who was also a valuable commodity. The lack of support because Dave Richards had his eye on the FA job....so so so many things that you've missed.

Leon clarke may be a bell end (well is a bell end), but there's no way his ego would publically clash as much at any of the other clubs he's been at. Because of this clash swindon lost a player who would have tore up league 2. They got a little lucky in the sense that he did well at Chesterfield and Charlton were in lets go Billy Davies on the striker front so they got Benson, otherwise it could have cost them many goals

Yeah - Di Canio really fucked up with Leon didn't he?

Really knocked his promotion campaign for six by booting Leon out....

When, in fact it was textbook handling of a bad influence - kick out the bad attitude and watch the team soar while the miscreant player scrubs around trying to find his feet somewhere that will accept a huge ego allied to small talent

The truth....and not the made up 'facts' from the club. The lack of public and internal support for a player who was also a valuable commodity. The lack of support because Dave Richards had his eye on the FA job....so so so many things that you've missed.

Ok thanks for that, maybe living outside of the area It's more difficult to pick up the truth, especially back then. But is it a case of blame the reaction and not the perpetrator, also who provided the truth?