DI CANIO to Bolton?

Guest Milan da man

Dj will be replaced with Kevin keegan

I saw this story. I think it is according to his wife and she's talking of replacing him at home.

She's always been a Liverpool fan and has never lived down marrying and Evertonian.

She has been screwing Kev on the side for years.

I don't think Kev will take his job and his missus.

That would be proper naughty.

There were many factors. It being televised and coming soon after the Cantona incident...and it was against Arsenal. The media went into 'blame' feeding frenzy. The club bottled it because the FA, whom Dave was involved with and looking at the up coming new ...erm...was it Chairman job...can't remember...demanded swift and prompt action.

Club and manager failed to count to ten and made really strong statements of condemnation....bannings, garden leave...DiCanio went back to Italy because he was persona non grata at S6...then the club falsely stated they didn't know where he was or why he had gone...when it was already common knowledge...it was just a total mess from the club..and the most infuriating thing was yet another valuable asset was demonised/ignored and we lost out on any real financial return because of short term poor leadership.

There are folk on here who know more than me...I just remember thinking how stupid it was given what had happened with Monsieur Eric

I think the only thing Wilson can be blamed for is being a chairmans puppet. He proved it with the Ched case, he'll do and say whatever the chairman wants him too

I think the only thing Wilson can be blamed for is being a chairmans puppet. He proved it with the Ched case, he'll do and say whatever the chairman wants him too

and let's face it, in britain it's the way forward...

Really?

It hardly got much better without him did it?

When Atkinson was the manager results with Di Canio in the team were good. Wilson couldn't manage him and masterminded our downfall.

Some have said Di Canio hardly helped matters in terms of wanting out of the club. This may be true but had the club supported him I think he would have stayed until the end of the season, he has rarely left any club of his own accord mid-campaign.

If he did want away it was because he could see that the manager who got the best out of him at Hillsborough had been spitefully sacked and had been replaced by someone who was out of his depth.

I don't think now would be a good time for him to be our manager.

has anyone ever stopped to think how dicanio felt when wilson was appointed, when he walked into the room and proceeded to tell them everything he knew about football...

it was a small time decision, taken by a club in decline...

Guest wadsgod

Brilliant player but the way in which he spat his dummy out over the all affair was an insult to thousands of Owls fans who idolised him. He showed absolutely no respect to those fans whatsoever, instead thinking only of how he was treated by the club. If truth be told he probably was treated pretty bad, but it was a situation that he brought all upon his self. But one thing is for sure, he had 100% backing from the fans and look how he repaid that backing. So as far as I'm concern I never want to see that man Anywere near my club again.

Paulo di Canio. My boyhood hero! Linked with the Bolton vacancy. Says he likes being linked to other clubs.

DJ is a good manager who deserves time at swfc. But if Wednesday brought di Canio in, I for one would be erect! Legend. Doing wonders with Swindon. Class act. Thoughts?

If things don't improve I wouldn't be against it but DJ should be given time

Guest moonraker

Hi you Owls,interesting thread for a Swindon fan to read...like i have said before the only board i post on away....always a decent read.

Hope you dont mind my two pennies worth.

Di Canio is old school,he believes in totall commitment from players....it has caused problems,Clarke etc....for such a no his tactics are spot on in the main.

He has made our club a place to be proud of going to watch footy.........his results in the cups first class.

He reminds me of Brian Clough in the way he is extrovert...does things his way.......with upsetting people not an issue to himself.

Theres been a few things i have not been happy with.........dragging our keeper off after 20 mins was a no/no for me.

But that is Paolo.......got a feeling Celtic will grab him one day.......he loved his time up there and the lure of Champions League of course.

As for good old Swindon,,,,,,,,,,,,,well we have Villa at home in the last 16.............nearly sold out and the we are sitting pretty in the league.

Not forgetting he has lost both his parents in the last year or so.......i reckon that is beginning to show a little also in the sense of the anger he shows at times.

I love him to bits.........who will be loving or loathing him next is anyones guess.

Best of luck on Friday you Owls............and dont forget that Leon is back at the County Ground on Saturday when we take on Scunny :ohmy: ...life is never dull under Di Canio i tell you.

Hi you Owls,interesting thread for a Swindon fan to read...like i have said before the only board i post on away....always a decent read.

Di Canio is old school,he believes in totall commitment from players....it has caused problems,Clarke etc....for such a no his tactics are spot on in the main.

He has made our club a place to be proud of going to watch footy.........his results in the cups first class.

He reminds me of Brian Clough in the way he is extrovert...does things his way.......with upsetting people not an issue to himself.

Theres been a few things i have not been happy with.........dragging our keeper off after 20 mins was a no/no for me.

But that is Paolo.......got a feeling Celtic will grab him one day.......he loved his time up there and the lure of Champions League of course.

As for good old Swindon,,,,,,,,,,,,,well we have Villa at home in the last 16.............nearly sold out and the we are sitting pretty in the league.

Not forgetting he has lost both his parents in the last year or so.......i reckon that is beginning to show a little also in the sense of the anger he shows at times.

I love him to bits.........who will be loving or loathing him next is anyones guess.

Best of luck on Friday you Owls............and dont forget that Leon is back at the County Ground on Saturday when we take on Scunny :ohmy: ...life is never dull under Di Canio i tell you.

Sounds like Di Canio to me. Good luck for the rest of the campaign.

Brilliant player but the way in which he spat his dummy out over the all affair was an insult to thousands of Owls fans who idolised him. He showed absolutely no respect to those fans whatsoever, instead thinking only of how he was treated by the club. If truth be told he probably was treated pretty bad, but it was a situation that he brought all upon his self. But one thing is for sure, he had 100% backing from the fans and look how he repaid that backing. So as far as I'm concern I never want to see that man Anywere near my club again.

So true. Such a talented player. But he was one of the factors in our decline. Not the only one as others have enunciated. But he was definately one of the factors. Don't ever want him at Hilssborough

Guest Milan da man

Good post.

For some reason ( I can see why) most people see di Canio being a 'hot head' and 'eccentric' is a bad thing. If you look at all the greatest managers ferguson clough redknap mourinio ET all they're all have tempers and a bit of character. I fully expect him to get Swindon up again this season. Think whoever comes in and nabs him will have a winner & a man motivator. He was wicked in a Wednesday shirt a clever footballer and that will transfer into his managerial career.

PS Leon Clarke would have scored 30 goals in league 2 no problem. Just a bit of a noobb