Joe Mattock - Not good enough infact total poo pooe.

Guest Lebanon Owl

Owlstalk - "We need a new back four"

Owlstalk - "stop chopping and changing the back four"

Owlstalk - "Mattock out"

The fact we have so many player's who are uncertain over their own squad status isn't helping matters. I reckon Terry Burton is a fantastic man manager, and motivator, and we are really really missing that. Listening to DJ on radio it doesn't come across that the positive re-inforcement personality trait we were told he was, is actually working!

Guest bearowl

Antonio was playing well forward mattock had a quality winger playing against him, thats why he offered not much going forward. First 10 was worried that the winger had better then Mattock basically stopped him ripping us up. Id say he had a good game.

Guest totemowl

Some of you lot need to realise watching real football for 90 minutes in the championship isn't like watching 5 or 10 minutes of highlights on Match of the Day.

There will be some mistakes.

too slow

and i generally don't like judging people i dont know... but previous for affray involving dropping 2 women in a nightclub and obviously whatever happeneed today would suggest at worst he's an absolute kn0b ad best thick as ****.!!

fair enough not all footballers are angels and the cantonas carrols gerrards bartons got their chances but those guys could play...

Edited by RiponOwl

too slow

and i generally don't like judging people i dont know... but previous for affray involving dropping 2 women in a nightclub and obviously whatever happeneed today would suggest at worst he's an absolute kn0b ad best thick as ****.!!

fair enough not all footballers are angels and the cantonas carrols gerrards bartons got their chances but those guys could play...

I thought he played well today. What did you think about his game this afternoon. Knowing you don't like judging people and everything but how about objectively reviewing his time on the pitch?

What's this 'experienced championship defender' done for us so far then?

Let's have a good think -

• v Huddersfield - Stupidly received two yellow cards, the first one being debatable, however the second was no question he simple couldn't keep up with the striker so sweeped his legs. This IMO cost us the game we had the momentum at the time and the extra man.
  • v Southampton - Again is unable to put in a simple challenge inside the box and give away a penalty.. Was probably going to lose anyway and it was in the cup but still..
  • v Hull - It is arguable as to whether or not it was his fault we conceded, however as he just looked like in capable.

and now supposedly pushing JJ and causing a brawl in the tunnel?

In other words - his attitude stinks and worst off he stinks..

and we loan flippingMB to Millwall WHAT THE ACTUAL roger?

Against Huddersfield, played out of position, and blatantly isn't a right back. Received a ridiculous yellow card for nothing, then a second for a very clumsy challenge which resulted in him being sent off.

Against Southampton, tripped somebody outside the box, and an inept referee gave a penalty.

Against Hull, could be partly faulted for their goal, but looked a far better defender than Reda Johnson. A left back who actually knows how to defend is something of a novelty, and Mattock looks better defensively than either Beevers or Johnson when they've played at left back.

Admittedly Reda weighs in with his fare share of goals, but he has to do that to offset the number of goals directly caused by his lack of defensive ability. Johnson is a fans favourite despite his deficincies, because of his commitment and marauding forward runs, but his first job, as left back, is to defend, and as far as that's concerned he doesn't have a clue.