Why Have We Written Rodri Off?

No one with any sense will have wrote him off yet.

He, s a young lad who has not only moved to a new club but a new country and all the cultural differences that brings. He,s probably gone from living with his family to living in a hotel/apartment.

He is obviously very good technically and given time and playing in a team that with wins under its belt that plays to his strengths then he will be an asset to our club.

Dave Jones didnt have managers and scouts asking "how the hell did we pull thst one off?" for nothing.

Give the lad a chance instead of writing him off after how many starts?

I don't think Rodri has been written off by anyone, but like Pecnik he's not yet up to the English game. I know he needs games to get up to speed but I suppose the language barrier isn't helping either

he's playing at a level he's never played at before and like you say in country where he cant speak the language it cant be easy for him .he needs time wether he gets it before the moaners get on at him is open for debate.

rodri is a lightweight, bumped, pushed, knocked, run off the ball...

he doesn't have the physical attributes to make an impact at championship level...

in a side that's struggling for results, that needs to roll it's sleeves up and get stuck in, he's baggage...

he may have certain talents, however they are not going to be shown in their best light as we stumble from one defeat to another...

i may not have seen as many games as you, and you may have seen more of rodri...

i wonder if you could tell me why he should be IN the side, other than he's Spanish...

Which sort of contradicts the opinion that Jones knows what he's doing in the Championship, doesn't it? Don't get me wrong his past record indicates he does/did but surely if he's still got that he would know by observing a player if they were at least physically equipped for this League? What gives?

he's playing at a level he's never played at before and like you say in country where he cant speak the language it cant be easy for him .he needs time wether he gets it before the moaners get on at him is open for debate.

Doubt that the majority have written him off but clearly he is not ready yet.

I don't think Rodri has been written off by anyone, but like Pecnik he's not yet up to the English game. I know he needs games to get up to speed but I suppose the language barrier isn't helping either

Its proving a lot harder in this league for everyone at Wednesday + time on the ball is hard to find and its physical more demanding

than anyone here expected, DJ needs a massive slice of luck to survive a month more the rub of the green ect. ....

Cos it's cold now.

Oh and against brum they had no idea about him, other oppositions now have his measure, same with Antonio and JJ

For example, the pitch was watered that much a wolves prior to the start deliberately stopping Antonio getting any balance when running.

These teams aren't daft

He won nearly every header at Wolves.

Like him or not, if you were there, you can't disagree with that.

I was there, and fair enough he won his fair share of headers, but against Bolton I can't remember him winning "95%".

I'm one of the people saying to give him time and not to slag him off by the way, I just don't think he's as good i nthe air as some people say.