Why Have We Written Rodri Off?

Morning all. Just been wondering why many of us on here have written Rodri off already?

Granted he has not been what we had hoped but he's playing in a side without confidence or much else really.

He has shown he clearly has talent, probably more than any other player on the pitch. Yet when everyone is picking their line ups, he isn't even in the first 11 for the majority of them.

He's another youngster and DJ is yet to give him a good run in the side (or anyone else really).

For me he should certainly start tonight with Bothroyd. Those two with their skill and knowledge should strike a good partnership. I mean for god's sake Bothroyd wins 95% of the headers and gets the flick on's yet we have had no-one following these through. Why?

Oh and before the boo boys hit me with negs for evening mentioning Bothroyd, he's not had a bloody clear chance yet in any of the games he has played, thanks to our lacklustre creativity !!

rodri is a lightweight, bumped, pushed, knocked, run off the ball...

he doesn't have the physical attributes to make an impact at championship level...

in a side that's struggling for results, that needs to roll it's sleeves up and get stuck in, he's baggage...

he may have certain talents, however they are not going to be shown in their best light as we stumble from one defeat to another...

i may not have seen as many games as you, and you may have seen more of rodri...

i wonder if you could tell me why he should be IN the side, other than he's Spanish...

CoG or Madine or both with Rhodri in behind Bothroyd either on the bus home or doing DJ's ironing not fussed which

rodri may be more suited to playing an attacking m/f role behind a front 2...

however that's a forward 3, LEAVING JUST 3 IN M/F WHERE WE'RE ALREADY GETTING SCALPED...

he doesn't have the physical attributes to make an impact at championship level...

in a side that's struggling for results, that needs to roll it's sleeves up and get stuck in, he's baggage...

he may have certain talents, however they are not going to be shown in their best light as we stumble from one defeat to another...

i may not have seen as many games as you, and you may have seen more of rodri...

i wonder if you could tell me why he should be IN the side, other than he's Spanish...

Basically because we cannot play two of the other strikers together and as DJ has written off Maguire by the looks of it, he is the only different option we have up front. He hasn't been given a start up front IMO, he has been asked to roam the pitch. He needs to stay up top with Bothroyd and hassle defenders, run at them and get on the end of Bothroyd's headers.

Morning all. Just been wondering why many of us on here have written Rodri off already?

Granted he has not been what we had hoped but he's playing in a side without confidence or much else really.

He has shown he clearly has talent, probably more than any other player on the pitch. Yet when everyone is picking their line ups, he isn't even in the first 11 for the majority of them.

He's another youngster and DJ is yet to give him a good run in the side (or anyone else really).

For me he should certainly start tonight with Bothroyd. Those two with their skill and knowledge should strike a good partnership. I mean for god's sake Bothroyd wins 95% of the headers and gets the flick on's yet we have had no-one following these through. Why?

Oh and before the boo boys hit me with negs for evening mentioning Bothroyd, he's not had a bloody clear chance yet in any of the games he has played, thanks to our lacklustre creativity !!

He does...?

Cause he can only score with his head. From corners or free kicks and he's always in box then so pointless playing him upfront.

He can't shoot for poo poo with his feet.

Can't argue with that as it has already been demonstrated. But with a little help and coaching that could change quite easily!

He does...?

Yes absolutely. Very rarely he loses one at all.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

The facts are that other than a good debut and a few flashes Rhodri has done little since he arrived.

The same people who quickly catupulted both him and Jones into legendary status are now writing them both off just as quickly.

It's the way of the world I'm afraid. People are consumed by the need for instant gratification, or in the words of the late Freddie Mercury- 'I want it all, I want it all and I want it now!'

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Can't argue with that as it has already been demonstrated. But with a little help and coaching that could change quite easily!

Yes absolutely. Very rarely he loses one at all.

The kid isnt and never will be a striker. He's that clumsy he just runs through players as it is. He hasn't got the technique to be able to finish.

The kid isnt and never will be a striker. He's that clumsy he just runs through players as it is. He hasn't got the technique to be able to finish.

Can't argue with that at all mate BUT there is something there with him and the natural eye he has for goal. Look against Huddersfield, he got in two cracking positions and should have scored both (with his feet though). For a centre back come left back, he finds those positions our bleeding strikers can't!

Can't argue with that at all mate BUT there is something there with him and the natural eye he has for goal. Look against Huddersfield, he got in two cracking positions and should have scored both (with his feet though). For a centre back come left back, he finds those positions our bleeding strikers can't!

Yeah he can get into the positions. But if it was that easy to turn someone into a striker don't you think he would be there?

I've seen him in all his games except his debut and he's all the above plus his movements non existent, he wants too much time on the ball and tbh, gives the ball away a lot more than he keeps it.

That's why he's been benched.

But, to the blinkered Wednesday fans with the Barca specs on, he should play every game.