4-5-1 on Saturday

I think that's what Megson did when he first took over from Irvine, isn't it? The team's confidence was in tatters, and he played quite a defensive formation for a few games just to kick the losing streak on the head. Sorry I can't remember the specifics.

JJ - Barkley - Reda - Semedo/Mcabe - Rodri

Dont like both JJ and Antonio playing and havn't seen the last couple of games as iv been away so Im going with JJ.

Reda has to play in midfield he would absolutely dominate and is the missing link. It is the key.

Rodri on the other wing cos he's got a good touch to get himself away from a defender and into space and can put a good delivery in cos he's got the quality. Can also get in the box when JJ has the ball and look to get on the end of crosses.

Mikecass post is crazy.

Reda & Rodri in midfield... Wow.

Anyways...

4-2-3-1 is the best formation for us to get the best out of our best players... Antonio, McCabe, Barkley and JJ. I'd play O'Grady as the striker.

Brighton, Huddersfield, Blackpool, Southampton tonight all play this way. I think it's ideally suited for us.

It won't happen though.

Mikecass post is crazy.

Reda & Rodri in midfield... Wow.

Anyways...

4-2-3-1 is the best formation for us to get the best out of our best players... Antonio, McCabe, Barkley and JJ. I'd play O'Grady as the striker.

Brighton, Huddersfield, Blackpool, Southampton tonight all play this way. I think it's ideally suited for us.

It won't happen though.

You've only put 4 midfielders in there. I'm not gonna slate you and get all agresive and call you names in the hope that other people on here might see my example and this site can become more user friendly. But back to the point...

Reda has to play midfield He will complete dominate. As I'v said on another post there is an entity in life called the law of averages. If the midfield allows the ball to get through to defence 15 times, the defence might deal with it 8 times going through to the keeper 7 times. Out of those 7 by the law of averages, the opposition are going to score goals. Scale all that down and only allow the opposition to get through to the keeper 3/4 times, its likely the a keeper like Kirkland would deal with all of those opportunities, or maybe the opposition might score one.The problem is the midfield. Semedo is good but he can't cover the ground. Reda next to him would dissolve everything before simply giving the ball to Barkley who can create everything.

As for the Rodri thing I think he has the required quality to play out wide but in the ideal situation he would float between his wing position and upfront supporting the other striker.

--------------------------------Weaver----------------------------------

Lee ------------------Llera-------------Buxton----------------Mattock

----------------------Semedo-----------Reda---------------------------

JJ------------------------------Barkley----------------------------Rodri-

--------------------------------Bothroyd------------------------------------

Bench: Bywater, Gardener, Mcabe, Mayor, Antonio, Madine, Maguire

Wouldn't mind us going 4-5-1 on Saturday, just to stiffen things up a bit, with a midfield five consisting of -

Antonio--McCabe--Semedo--Barkley--JJ

I think that's a well balanced five.

That looks about as good as we could put out, so long as we don't have a RB at LB and a LB at CH and a CH at LB etc. etc. etc!