Are DJ's days numbered?

He didnt sound too worried on the interview post match.

I didnt like what I was hearing. It sounds like he just thinks things arent going for us and they will soon. I thibk somethings totally wrong and we need to go back to the players that got us here in the first place.

Doesnt sound like they will though. Am wortied about the upcoming games...

Mandaric has backed Jones tremendously, I reckon he's got until the international break to arrest the slide.

That would have sounded ridiculous a month ago, but Mandaric won't wear us being at the wrong end of the table.

I almost want a change to be made if things dont change too, even though I quite like DJ.

With the money we've spent we should not be on this run. If DJ wants to stick around he needs to bring back some of the old guard, ones who got us here in the first place.

he has only himself to blame I like DJ I liked what he did with the steel fortress hillsborough inheritance from GM

He has had loads of time to get people in he has brought loads in but the simple footballing fact is you have to be very very lucky to gel in so many players at the same time after the season has started

He seems hell bent on playing bothroyd who is a yard off the pace and weak as wee wee the whole team lacks structure imo

biggest mistake rejecting danny batth because ' he wants to play a different way from the back' does that mean hooking the ball over your head infield ffs

Got to agree with you there mate. I dont want to knock Jones but I hope he is man enough to swallow his pride and get some of the players that started the season back in.

Some of his decisions have been baffling, i know we have a few injuries but todays starting line up was asking for trouble with:-

Taylor playing ahead of Beevers totally unjustified following Wednesday nights performance?

Barkley starting after a very poor game on Wednesday? whats McCabe done wrong?

Two 18 year olds in the center of midfield? and Semedo dropped?

Boothroyd starting ahead of O' Grady or Madine?

Rodri being subbed and Boothroyd staying on who offers nothing?

JJ being dropped after being asked to play at right back?

I dont want to over react but i can see Taylor becoming the next Purse and if Jones doesnt drop him (captain, youve got to be joking) then i can see the fans turning on him, hope this doesnt come true but the fans will turn if he doesnt improve drastically and the same could be said with Bothroyd ( no matter what he tweets the fans arent blind and can tell when someone isnt putting a shift in.

Got to agree with you there mate. I dont want to knock Jones but I hope he is man enough to swallow his pride and get some of the players that started the season back in.

Some of his decisions have been baffling, i know we have a few injuries but todays starting line up was asking for trouble with:-

Taylor playing ahead of Beevers totally unjustified following Wednesday nights performance?

I dont want to over react but i can see Taylor becoming the next Purse and if Jones doesnt drop him (captain, youve got to be joking) then i can see the fans turning on him, hope this doesnt come true but the fans will turn if he doesnt improve drastically and the same could be said with Bothroyd ( no matter what he tweets the fans arent blind and can tell when someone isnt putting a shift in.

I think as he wants Taylor to be captain for a while he was never going to leave him out.

I saw a lot of good signs in Barkley's play against Huddersfield despite the circumstances so he deserved to start.

McCabe's 20 but certainly of limited experience so to play both of them perhaps wasn't wise but I wasn't overly worried about it.

I agree though that there's some strange decisions being made and with so much change you have to wonder if Jones has an idea of where he wants to go with all the options.

Guest intercity0wl

I ask this only because at the hudderfield match, milan had a special guest with him, our old coach terry burton, could he be lining him up for the managers job?...there may dozens of reasons he was there, but if id just left a club to join a prem club as coach i wouldnt go back to watch a midweek match.

What you mean like coming to watch the last club he worked for, and one where his mate is incharge play a game of football ?, Na ya probably right, he would have been a special guest of that dodgy MM :rolleyes:

Redknapp2_2132943b.jpg

To be fair when DJ came into the job, he said something along the lines its a result business and if he isnt winning games he wont have a job anymore

Seriously if we loose another two games on the trot i wouldn't think that would be unacceptable to a manager who has obviously been back since he joined the club. I think it be hard to argue a case to keep your job loosing that many on that trot

I think DJ has to do two things to stay in his job. He has to obviously win games

But i feel even more important, is he has to sort out a non existence defense, that has leaked goals through out the season so far winning and in defeat. Because the games we have won, have been down to us out scoring the opposition.

Im a Sheffield wednesday supporter first, not a DJ or a MM supporter and i want to see my club winning.

But if DJ doesnt turn it around soon, The old MM and HR connection might not be a bad shout with the history they share, but still its all academic at this point.

Edited by Thai_Owl

Guest JC Saviour

I ask this only because at the hudderfield match, milan had a special guest with him, our old coach terry burton, could he be lining him up for the managers job?...there may dozens of reasons he was there, but if id just left a club to join a prem club as coach i wouldnt go back to watch a midweek match.

Most definately. Results based business, we are not getting the right results. Combination of signing some players no better than we have and a possible divide in the changing room as a result of DJ starting to field his players as the starting 11 bar the odd exception. If I was Semedo, LLiera etc, I would be pretty well pissed off. He stated players were in on merit, what excuse is he going to use for the likes of Taylor, Rodri, Bothroyd.

Guest Rotherhamowl1976

Have to agree with all you said.

Obvious that everton have a clause that Barkley plays every minute....what's the point he's only here for a month.

panic-button.jpg