Pecnik

So do you think he can be effective anywhere else?

On the wing - no. He's not fast enough and up with the speed of this country's football yet

Striker - not sure if he can deal with the rough and tumble of playing up against a 6 foot 3 inch monster defender

Playing just behind the front two he gets a bit more space to play through balls or do his signature 30 yard screamer goals (we've nearly had a couple of those this season already - with the bar being the difference between him getting slagged on here and being a legend)

Owlstalk Shop

What does that mean exactly?

That you are now a Pecnik hater regardless of what he does in the future?

It means that since I first saw him, I was prepared to make allowances for his poor performance, but each subsequent time I've seen him he continued to be ineffective, and makes little or no contribution. When he puts the shirt on he'll get my backing because he's playing for Wednesday, but on forums such as this I'll criticise him to my hearts content. As for being a "Pecnik hater", I can't think of anybody I actually hate, it's much too strong an emotion to have, particularly in relation to a game. I just think on the evidence I've seen, he is very poor, and I really do find it almost impossible to believe Dave Jones when he says that within a matter of minutes of Pecnik starting his trial, he knew that he had a "special" player on his hands.

Jones has a wealth of knowledge about the game, is more than competent at our level, and last season treated us to the best football we've seen in donkey's years at Hillsborough, so I'll go with him on Pecnik and everybody else he's signed for us. Doesn't mean I can't state a fact, and that fact is, that Pecnik has done nothing at all in the games I've seen to suggest he has any quality at all.

Been negged on here loads saying this since day 1.

The bloke has never been a footballer in a million years. No pace, no trick, no presence, no aerial ability. I can't think of any position we can play him where he will be effective. the only thing i'll give him is that hes not lazy and is keen to do well, but sorry utter poo pooe.

I've been saying it since the donny friendly. He just doesn't look a pro footballer. I think the other players know it as it seems at times that they don't want to give him the ball.

Had a bet with my mate that he doesn't play 25 games this season. If he plays 25 games I fear for us this season

I've been saying it since the donny friendly. He just doesn't look a pro footballer. I think the other players know it as it seems at times that they don't want to give him the ball.

Had a bet with my mate that he doesn't play 25 games this season. If he plays 25 games I fear for us this season

Can't see him playing past 25 either unless he seriously ups his game. About as strong as a wet cabbage on the pitch

It means that since I first saw him, I was prepared to make allowances for his poor performance, but each subsequent time I've seen him he continued to be ineffective, and makes little or no contribution. When he puts the shirt on he'll get my backing because he's playing for Wednesday, but on forums such as this I'll criticise him to my hearts content. As for being a "Pecnik hater", I can't think of anybody I actually hate, it's much too strong an emotion to have, particularly in relation to a game. I just think on the evidence I've seen, he is very poor, and I really do find it almost impossible to believe Dave Jones when he says that within a matter of minutes of Pecnik starting his trial, he knew that he had a "special" player on his hands.

Jones has a wealth of knowledge about the game, is more than competent at our level, and last season treated us to the best football we've seen in donkey's years at Hillsborough, so I'll go with him on Pecnik and everybody else he's signed for us. Doesn't mean I can't state a fact, and that fact is, that Pecnik has done nothing at all in the games I've seen to suggest he has any quality at all.

He's hit the bar from 30 yards twice - if they'd gone in it would be a different story I guess.

Overall he needs to try and do more in the time he gets on the pitch - but you could say that about pretty much any player in the squad at the moment. They're playing like strangers unfortunately

Owlstalk Shop

Too much of non-entity at the moment.

Thought he looked ok in the second half against Oldham (couldn't have been much poorer after his first half display), but he's not done a great deal since.

Might as well have not been on the pitch yesterday.

Not a winger, not a central midfielder and not a striker.

Edited by SiJ

regardless of if you have been proved right, maybe people wanted to give him a chance to show what he could do? strange i know

Not really - I haven't had the same thoughts / comments re Barkley rodri McCabe lee Taylor Gardner mattock etc because whether they are doing it for us right now or not, you can see they have something to offer-even if it eventually doesn't work out.

Anyone with a few years of watching the game must have known early doors pecnick wasn't up to it