the starting line up cost us that game

Favouritism seems to be picking his side at te minute.

He seems to start Madine with whoever is hos golden boy at the time, at the minute its Bothroyd.

They're both lazy strikers and we can't afford to have two on the pitch toghether. We need a striker that will run his balls off for an hour! Whats happened to Maguire! Nevermind CoG!

Really don't see what Barkley offers that McCabe doesn't. Rhys is our player and i'd rather develop him while we can rather than someone who plays for Everton.

The full backs looked steady but i'd have Lee over Mattock everytime.

Taylor didn't exactly look any better than Jones and definately no better than Batth. The Purse comparisons are quite apt.

I think we'll settle down eventually.

But Jones has ripped everything that was good out of the team and replaced it with players that think they've already proved themselves elsewhere. We were much better with an 11 with a point to prove.

Didn't seem like the Wednesday of last season atall tonight. No spirit or fight for the shirt.

CoG has got to start Saturday and so has McCabe.

Yes, bizarre team selection. . . We had great team spirit and Jones seems to have sabotaged this. . . Too many new players introduced too quickly. . . Jones needs to hold his hands up and admit that he's got it wrong. Why has Semedo lost the captaincy to a newly arrived player yet to prove himself? Is he on his way out. . . Cog should start, plus Lliera and McCabe. . .

The back 4 cost us the game really... the strikers just made us look worse.

Can't agree with that we may have conceded 3 but were pens and yes they were at fault for the other goal but other than them hittin post they offered little. The problem for me was we look most dangerous from set pieces n then Jones dropped McCabe n llera our best 2 crosses of the ball this was a decision that wasn't thought through. Mattock should never have got his 1st booking even hudds players asked what it was for, but the 2nd was stupid but not helped by wards reaction. Really can't understand why ogrady isn't startin the ball sticks up front and he brings others into the game. No positives to take from tonight at all.

Also couldn't understand why semedo didn't go to rb n bring McCabe on instead of jj playing there. He had a mare was at fault for first pen n giving ball away when mattock got sent off. Poor ref spoilt it n very poor performance.

Favouritism seems to be picking his side at te minute.

He seems to start Madine with whoever is hos golden boy at the time, at the minute its Bothroyd.

They're both lazy strikers and we can't afford to have two on the pitch toghether. We need a striker that will run his balls off for an hour! Whats happened to Maguire! Nevermind CoG!

Really don't see what Barkley offers that McCabe doesn't. Rhys is our player and i'd rather develop him while we can rather than someone who plays for Everton.

The full backs looked steady but i'd have Lee over Mattock everytime.

Taylor didn't exactly look any better than Jones and definately no better than Batth. The Purse comparisons are quite apt.

I think we'll settle down eventually.

But Jones has ripped everything that was good out of the team and replaced it with players that think they've already proved themselves elsewhere. We were much better with an 11 with a point to prove.

Didn't seem like the Wednesday of last season atall tonight. No spirit or fight for the shirt.

CoG has got to start Saturday and so has McCabe.

Lots of good points I think. . .

Totally agree with the sentiments of the OP.

What I deduced from tonight:-

1. Mattock looks awful at right back & can't get in at left back in front of an unfit or limping Reda (He was obviously still not fit as limping all match)

2. No one in the side seems to be able to take a corner that beats the first man other than Llera or Lines. Outswingers are crap.....inswingers are the future!

3. Picknic does't know the rules of the game......he was slavering & mouthing at the lino in front of the north @ around 50 or 55 mins for not giving offside when they had beaten our defence handsdown from a throw-in!!!!!

4. Reda......even limping looks our best chance of a goal (especially tonight)

5. Madine & Bothroyd won't work together (TOO SIMILAR)

6. Taylor is a 'stopper' only & isn't a footballer.....he's Darren Purse in disguise. Heading was poor tonight, distribution 'side foot punt' 80% of the time.

7. How the flip is Rodri dropped over some of that poo pooe I've seen tonight........words fail me!!!!

8. O'Grady put more effort in 10 mins than Bothroyd did the match.

9 ......and worst of all Jones match selection made the crowd flat & the atmosphere dire!

I can cope with losing.....but cannot cope with losing with no effort!

Great points

Yes, bizarre team selection. . . We had great team spirit and Jones seems to have sabotaged this. . . Too many new players introduced too quickly. . . Jones needs to hold his hands up and admit that he's got it wrong. Why has Semedo lost the captaincy to a newly arrived player yet to prove himself? Is he on his way out. . . Cog should start, plus Lliera and McCabe. . .

Agreed......if he insists that Taylor is the future & Llera the scapegoat (as Alan Biggs is suggesting on Twitter)......then the feel-good factor may come crashing down for Earth for me!

@AlanBiggs1 Pick the bones out of that - Dave Jones certainly did. Said dropped Llera because "costing me too many goals" & threatened more changes.

Edited by Bedders

Guest Sheff Owl

if jones carries on favouriting the likes of bothroyd then it'll cause upset in the dressing room

You do know Bothroyd will probably start most games don't you?

He hasn't come here to warm the bench, same with Barkley - they WILL PLAY>

Pecnik wasn't shouting at the linesman. He was shouting at Beevers for again being asleep and not doing his job properly.

You've lost me there fella!!!! Why would you shout & gesticulate at the linesman that Mark Beevers was not doing his job properly????? He was facing the lino not Beevers!

You do know Bothroyd will probably start most games don't you?

He hasn't come here to warm the bench, same with Barkley - they WILL PLAY>

If they do well.....great decision.....if not........ "you reap what you sow"

Edited by Bedders

Agreed......if he insists that Taylor is the future & Llera the scapegoat (as Alan Biggs is suggesting on Twitter)......then the feel-good factor may come crashing down for Earth for me!

@AlanBiggs1 Pick the bones out of that - Dave Jones certainly did. Said dropped Llera because "costing me too many goals" & threatened more changes.

Not needed.

6. Taylor is a 'stopper' only & isn't a footballer.....he's Darren Purse in disguise. Heading was poor tonight, distribution 'side foot punt' 80% of the time.

You've made some valid (although fairly unconstructive) points but I can't agree with this.

Taylor was one of the few positives tonight; showed leadership, won most ariel battles, and looked to pass, rather than hoof. He contributed more tonight than the rest of the back 4 did put together.

with the strongest squad of players we have had for many a year thats one of the worst performance i have seen from us at hillsborough for a while , we were inept , too many poor individual performances players shirking responsibility, too many backward or sideways passes and very little penetration except a cpl of 10 min spells each half from antonio , we looked exactly what we are a team full of strangers ,and the three new players were at the least very unimpressive and probably the biggest disappointment of the night, the only bright point is that surely we can only get better than that ,

You've made some valid (although fairly unconstructive) points but I can't agree with this.

Taylor was one of the few positives tonight; showed leadership, won most ariel battles, and looked to pass, rather than hoof. He contributed more tonight than the rest of the back 4 did put together.

You're joking right? 4 out of ten for me. Cracking back headed pass on to their striker who nearly scored with it in front of the KOP!

Darren Purse mk2

Leadership.....it was a damp squib...there was simply no belief that they could get out of the losing position / pickle they found themselves in! Wouldn't have happened last year with the team spirit they had.

Edited by Bedders

You're joking right? 4 out of ten for me. Cracking back headed pass on to their striker who nearly scored with it in front of the KOP!

Darren Purse mk2

Leadership.....it was a damp squib...there was simply no belief that they could get out of the losing position / pickle they found themselves in! Wouldn't have happened last year with the team spirit they had.

Ok, have you decided to write our latest signing off after 1 or 2 games then?