the starting line up cost us that game

Bad decisions from jones has cost us that game, jay bothroyd should never have started that game ESPECIALLY with madine, they're far to similar. Both have massive egos and are very similar players and i thought madine was unlucky to be the one taken off as i thought he was having the better game. Ogrady should have started, only striker so far showing some passion

barkleys should never have started, mcable when playing has the calmness and awareness to hold on to the ball and play key passes and didn't deserve to be dropped at all. Barkley was neshing every challenge aswell as delivering absolutely dire set pieces

still undecided about taylor as im a liera fan and would have stuck with him as i dont see what taylor brings that liera doesnt plus liera is better in the opposing box aswell as his set pieces are much better! taylors leadership isnt as much as a factor as i thought it would be.

only positive was glad to see reda back, our only goal threat throughout other than antonio

What didn't help us is his constant tinkering with the back 4 and the fact that it's been highlighted that our weak points are in the fullback positions and yet he constantly plays players out of position there.

Kieran Lee must be absolutely terrible in training if he can't get near the first team at present and it says a lot when Jermaine Johnson actually looked a better right back than Mattock did tonight.

Barkley played well and set up some great chances that Beevers and Reda missed. Bothroyd played well too. He won a lot in the air and looks a lot more composed on the ball than our other strikers. It's maybe harsh on O'Grady that he hasn't been starting but I think we were worse when he came on. Antonio always looked a threat. Mattock at right back is a nonsense, and Beevers was shocking tonight, but he wasn't as bad as Mattock. McCabe came on and made some good passes but his naivety at times was frustrating. The simple pass was on a few times and he never chose it. I've yet to see Pecnik have a good game.

Guest theowls 93

COG offered more in the last 15 minutes than madine and bothroyd did all game. We was playing well when Rodri and COG were clicking like against Millwall and Brum, no idea why he is changing it up every week

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Madine can't play in the championship every game he has started he has been ineffective. Bothroyd needs time he will come good with the right service.

Left back playing at right back we need to sort the defence out, full backs situation needs addressing!

Madine can't play in the championship every game he has started he has been ineffective.

How many games has Madine started??

It seems that Owlstalk loves to slag off Madine whenever we lose. A striker is only as good as his service and tonight it was non existent.

The real problems are at the back, get that sorted and we'll be ok.

Totally agree with the sentiments of the OP.

What I deduced from tonight:-

1. Mattock looks awful at right back & can't get in at left back in front of an unfit or limping Reda (He was obviously still not fit as limping all match)

2. No one in the side seems to be able to take a corner that beats the first man other than Llera or Lines. Outswingers are crap.....inswingers are the future!

3. Picknic does't know the rules of the game......he was slavering & mouthing at the lino in front of the north @ around 50 or 55 mins for not giving offside when they had beaten our defence handsdown from a throw-in!!!!!

4. Reda......even limping looks our best chance of a goal (especially tonight)

5. Madine & Bothroyd won't work together (TOO SIMILAR)

6. Taylor is a 'stopper' only & isn't a footballer.....he's Darren Purse in disguise. Heading was poor tonight, distribution 'side foot punt' 80% of the time.

7. How the flip is Rodri dropped over some of that poo pooe I've seen tonight........words fail me!!!!

8. O'Grady put more effort in 10 mins than Bothroyd did the match.

9 ......and worst of all Jones match selection made the crowd flat & the atmosphere dire!

I can cope with losing.....but cannot cope with losing with no effort!

Totally agree with the sentiments of the OP.

What I deduced from tonight:-

1. Mattock looks awful at right back & can't get in at left back in front of an unfit or limping Reda (He was obviously still not fit as limping all match)

2. No one in the side seems to be able to take a corner that beats the first man other than Llera or Lines. Outswingers are crap.....inswingers are the future!

3. Picknic does't know the rules of the game......he was slavering & mouthing at the lino in front of the north @ around 50 or 55 mins for not giving offside when they had beaten our defence handsdown from a throw-in!!!!!

4. Reda......even limping looks our best chance of a goal (especially tonight)

5. Madine & Bothroyd won't work together (TOO SIMILAR)

6. Taylor is a 'stopper' only & isn't a footballer.....he's Darren Purse in disguise. Heading was poor tonight, distribution 'side foot punt' 80% of the time.

7. How the flip is Rodri dropped over some of that poo pooe I've seen tonight........words fail me!!!!

8. O'Grady put more effort in 10 mins than Bothroyd did the match.

9 ......and worst of all Jones match selection made the crowd flat & the atmosphere dire!

I can cope with losing.....but cannot cope with losing with no effort!

This but with less typing