Gary Madine... Goal Machine...

Don't crucify me. I like Madine, i think he's a good prospect and a bit of a wide boy/character off the field as well which I quite like, but much as it sticks in my throat to say it and i'm not trying to be controversial for the sake of it, but I'm not totally convinced he figures in DJs plans. Hope i'm wrong and way off the mark but it's just a hunch i get.

Madine and Bothroyd should be given a go, but I think we will go for Rodri again...DJ seems to want to persist with him, which I dont really have a problem with at home.

But away, I think that we need Madine or COG leading the line.

Played on the wing for Barca B

I read that, he makes Sedgwick look quick.

Madine + Bothroyd to start vs Udders.

Rodri to come on as an impact sub if needed, not sure why we signed Maguire if he isnt going to feature though.

I had totally forgotten about Maguire.

Derby all over again for him.

For me, the biggest issue with Madine is attitude and application.

He has the talent to score goals, but I'm concerned that he is just as concerned with being a "lad" as he is a professional footballer.

He's either going to revel in the fact that he's got proper competition now, or he is going to not apply himself properly and do naff all.

Guest Vaseline

What has happened to Maguire seriously? Can't see Bothroyd and Madine together, too much the same IMO.

Think thats the problem with having 5 strikers. While it gives us a huge variety of choice and depth should Lady Luck strike us hard, it could potentially lead to a lot of discontent among the players.

In all honesty, if we didn't have Jones in charge then I'd be worried, but since he is.. Well. Nothing to worry about. Still feeling extremely confident about this season!

Guest intercity0wl

Madine + Bothroyd to start vs Udders.

Rodri to come on as an impact sub if needed, not sure why we signed Maguire if he isnt going to feature though.

So once again the striker who stays on his feet holds the ball up and has been scoring goals would be left out, was certainly his strength and endeavour that was sadly lacking last night, he would have given the Seagulls back line much more to contend with last night than what our strikers offered.