Roger the rum man....

Used to have an old bloke who came into work to flog 'home brewed' spirits in the early 90's...Whisky was £4 a bottle and Rum was £3...death in a bottle!! ....it didnt half used to strip paint well !!! His name actually WAS Rog (he was from Greno!!).... :biggrin:

Edited by Prendo's boots

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Granted Dan, but DJ has since denied ever having an interest in Earnshaw.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Granted Dan, but DJ has denied ever having an interest in Earnshaw.

Know what you mean mate...just playing devils advocate.

Seems to me Vaughan has been spot on with these tweets in the past.....who knows. Certainly not the first time we've been linked with Barkley & Bothroyd.

Fingers crossed it's true!

Know what you mean mate...just playing devils advocate.

Seems to me Vaughan has been spot on with these tweets in the past.....who knows. Certainly not the first time we've been linked with Barkley & Bothroyd.

Fingers crossed it's true!

Likewise Dan, I'm just trying to strike a balance.

Lets hope it comes off.

As excited as I am about Barkley, where would he fit into last nights squad ?

The wingers are frightening and will terrorise most defences this year, added to the fact he is more natural in the middle, that's 2 spots gone.

Semedo is god and is irreplaceable

That just leaves McCabe. He has had a really bright start and to fulfil his potential he needs to be the main man in the middle and have a consistent run of games.

That leaves 2 options... behind a striker (Rodri - not sure that would work), or Madine or COG (meaning dropping Rodri ?)

The final alternative is on the bench (haha... premiership superstar in the making sitting on the MASSIVE'S bench !!)

As excited as I am about Barkley, where would he fit into last nights squad ?

The wingers are frightening and will terrorise most defences this year, added to the fact he is more natural in the middle, that's 2 spots gone.

Semedo is god and is irreplaceable

That just leaves McCabe. He has had a really bright start and to fulfil his potential he needs to be the main man in the middle and have a consistent run of games.

That leaves 2 options... behind a striker (Rodri - not sure that would work), or Madine or COG (meaning dropping Rodri ?)

The final alternative is on the bench (haha... premiership superstar in the making sitting on the MASSIVE'S bench !!)

A lot of games to play and not all the midfielders can play in every game. For me DJ will rotate between McCabe, Semedo, Barkley and Lines. Prutton and Coke will leave, IMO.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Roger the Rum man tells me the Cowley brothers will be in charge at Hillsborough by the end of the week ... #WAWAW

Interesting....

Roger was right in 2012 about these loans.

Unfortunately for us re Bothroyd.

Not so re Barkley.

Edited by Paul Triplo

10 minutes ago, Paul Triplo said:
Roger the Rum man tells me the Cowley brothers will be in charge at Hillsborough by the end of the week ... #WAWAW

Interesting....

Roger was right in 2012 about these loans.

Unfortunately for us re Bothroyd.

Not so re Barkley.

In that case we might end up with one of the brothers :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Who TF is Roger the Rum Man? 

And thanks for reviving this thread. I've just spent 10 confused and distressed minutes wondering why we are after Bothroyd and Earnshaw before realising the posts are from 7 years ago.

FFS.

RTRM knows all 

• Haha 1