Danny Batth

Looks like Wolves might need him atm. They're not looking too good in that department today

Their main problem is that they are obviously trying to hold a high defensive line - but they're not putting pressure on the ball which means Leeds are just dropping the ball behind the defence

If a team doesn't pressure the ball then they have to drop deeper - looks to me like the midfield aren't doing their legwork propoerly

It's nonsense to think Wolves have written Batth off for the season just because he hasn't been selected for the opening fixture - especially as the 2 centre backs have acquitted themselves extremely capably at a much higher level - but if they don't put in the performances required he'll be in with a shout

I'll tell you what is hilarious to me; the idea that among a selection of available defenders you would exclude everyone but Batth, regardless of cost or relative ability.

Yes, well I didn't actually say that.

Batth is a good defender.

There are lots of good defenders out there. He is replaceable.

He is not the 'class' defender that people on here seem to think he is.

He's not had the opportunity, barring one game for the Pigs, to play in the Championship. Who's to say he won't take to this division?

As a 21-year-old last season he was absolutely key to a season where we got 93 points. Superb fitness, reads the game, tackling is extremely good, he's got all the endeavour and attitude you'd want, he's not slow. He was as perfect a loan signing in that position you could have got.

There will always be other players out there but he's been fantastic for us, no need to say 'he's not the class defender some think'.

Guest Sniper1

Would Love Danny back here, he would complete our back 4 and complete our defensive part of the squad.

He came through the youth system at Wolves and sometimes certain managers just don't trust their own youngsters.

We should now be testing Wolves with a couple of bids around the 500k mark.

Guest Sheff Owl

I have said this in another thread but i think we missed him today, i know it might be stupid thing to say but over the 50 + appearances he has made for us he has made a huge diffeence.

He has a calmness, a reading of the game and pace.

Please come home Danny.

unbelievable.

words fail me.

Yes but words dont fail me

I would definitely have Danny in over Gardener no question .

I hope Gardner is on a pay as you play basis .

Also Lerra looked the better defender today between him and Gardner .

Guest zico sterland

Danny and Llera had a good understanding at end of last year,Gardner and Llera have yet to jell but two games in its early doors so no need to panic.If Danny is available 300k to 500k yes any more no there maybe better value out there.

Yes but words dont fail me

I would definitely have Danny in over Gardener no question .

I hope Gardner is on a pay as you play basis .

Also Lerra looked the better defender today between him and Gardner .

Same as Monday then

I know most fans like to big up new signings, so it's easy to blame Llera instead. Simply saying it, how I see it (not being 'negative'), I also think Llera has been the better of the 2 so far this season.

Early days yet, but if Batth signed tomorrow, I'd put him straight in next to Llera on Tuesday.

Same as Monday then

I know most fans like to big up new signings, so it's easy to blame Llera instead. Simply saying it, how I see it (not being 'negative'), I also think Llera has been the better of the 2 so far this season.

Early days yet, but if Batth signed tomorrow, I'd put him straight in next to Llera on Tuesday.

I agree totally , also Llerra had to play on the right as they are both leffties .

Guest Sheff Owl

I honestly can't see Gardner being dropped, i'm not saying he should but always remember DJ after the West Brom game (i think) saying that Gardener was class, he ouzes class and that's why i brough him in...(something like that) i think Gardner is a certain starter, it's who partners him..i certainly don't think Llera deserves to be dropped.

Edited by Sheff Owl