Danny Batth

I honestly can't see Gardner being dropped, i'm not saying he should but always remember DJ after the West Brom game (i think) saying that Gardener was class, he ouzes class and that's why i brough him in...(something like that) i think Gardner is a certain starter, it's who partners him..i certainly don't think Llera deserves to be dropped.

A sign of a good manager is not having favourites and just picking the best / most in form 11.

New signings should be able to be dropped drop, just as easily as anyone else.

Having said that, DJ may want to keep the same lineup, to get them gelling (injuries permitting).

I honestly can't see Gardner being dropped, i'm not saying he should but always remember DJ after the West Brom game (i think) saying that Gardener was class, he ouzes class and that's why i brough him in...(something like that) i think Gardner is a certain starter, it's who partners him..i certainly don't think Llera deserves to be dropped.

DJ had no promble leaving Maguire out

Guest keyser soze

I agree totally , also Llerra had to play on the right as they are both leffties .

Couldn't agree more.

I know many don't see an issue with it, but when the ball is coming in from our right, between the defenders and the keeper, you don't want a centre half slashing wildly with his swinger.

I saw a couple of times at Oldham, a ball in that either player would have cleared if it had come in from the other side.

Also, I honestly believe that Batth would be an investment. Could see a reasonable fee securing him and his worth rocketing in the near future.

Guest Sheff Owl

A sign of a good manager is not having favourites and just picking the best / most in form 11.

New signings should be able to be dropped drop, just as easily as anyone else.

Having said that, DJ may want to keep the same lineup, to get them gelling (injuries permitting).

I agree, no player should be certain of a start and it should go on merit IMO

Players should be given a few games to try and build relationships and then see how it plans out.

I just think with CB it is such a vital position and Gardner has experience in the Championship he will always play when fit.

Guest Sheff Owl

DJ had no promble leaving Maguire out

Different position.

CB is vital as i mentioned, it's easier to leave out a striker than a CB.

I'm not saying he won't drop him, he could well do but can't see it.

We should do everything we can to get him back. If that involves Linesey inviting him up for the weekend then kidnapping him till he signs then so be it. Wished him all the luck in the world when he went back to Wolves, it's the team he supported as a boy after all. But..... they clearly don't know what they've got so he should be thinking flip 'em. Players that age need to be playing. Hopefully when he sees how many of us were at Derby today, the fact that he could have been walking out with the lads will hit home and he'll ask for a move.

Guest Parky1867

Would absolutely love to see him back. I really rate him, he was my player of the season last year. Really hope DJ would be interested in brining him back because I think he really does have potential, and as others have mentioned, I reckon he could be available for a decent price.

Adding the likes of Batth, Rodri and Barkley to our squad really would give me great confidence in us being able to challenge for top 6.

Given the Gardner situation and the fact that we need a captain I would hope we are doing all in our power to get hold of Batth

I loved Danny Batth. So underrated by the ones who brand him a 'hoofer' just because he wasn't the fastest and was a big lad.

Thing is, Danny Batth read the game well, won headers(by attacking them, not just being tall), and had brilliant judgement(he never one mis-timed the tackles when a player went clean through).

Defenders who can play the ball a bit are nice to have, but the main thing is having defenders who can defend well.

Simple really.

Edited by Stringy

I loved Danny Batth. So underrated by the ones who brand him a 'hoofer' just because he wasn't the fastest and was a big lad.

Thing is, Danny Batth read the game well, won headers(by attacking them, not just being tall), and had brilliant judgement(he never one mis-timed the tackles when a player went clean through).

Defenders who can play the ball a bit are nice to have, but the main thing is having defenders who can defend well.

Simple really.

+1

There's no doubt in my mind that Batth was the best defender in L1 last year