Danny Mayor

Well whichever way you look at it, we have 3 right wingers and no left wingers If DJ likes his right wingers to play on the left, thats fair enough, so who plays on the right?

I doubt we'll find out until the end of the window. But I think we potentially have bigger issues than this.

I'm not blaming Westley as such, but he cant be a fan of Westley if he slaps a transfer request in as soon as Westley crosses the threshold and starts tearing strips off people.

I can imagine him being inconsistent as I hear about him every so often and then it goes quiet, sounds like a challenge for Jones and tends to fit with our transfer policy of looking for the next potential star rather than getting into a bidding war for someone who is well hyped.

Your quite right, he is MASSIVEly inconsistent, also he is right footed, and i dont think i have ever seen him use his left foot, and tbf i dont think any of are ex-players where fond of westley and his training regime, because they were all lazy and bone idle and this does include danny mayor, still like i said he's a good player when he wants to be (1 in 10)

I can remember we tried to sign a winger called Whaley who was similarly rated, think he's playing non league football now

He used to play for us him and david nugent was a class apart at this league for a season, whaley thought he was better than he was and ended up in non-league playing for a local team around the preston area. Sounds alot like Danny Mayor, don't you think? ;)

Guest olivera

Well lads, I've just tested him out on FIFA and he's a good player, who keeps the ball and does simple stuff, but also has the acceleration to beat the full back. He linked up very well with mattock and played the killerball in setting up madine for the only goal of the game 1-0. Player rating: 8.20

Well lads, I've just tested him out on FIFA and he's a good player, who keeps the ball and does simple stuff, but also has the acceleration to beat the full back. He linked up very well with mattock and played the killerball in setting up madine for the only goal of the game 1-0. Player rating: 8.20

Encouraging ... He lacks pace on FM12 lol

Cheers PNE and good luck with your bid for promotion.

Cheers you too, i just saw this on PNE forum and it lacked a view from a proper PNE fan so i just thought i'd come on and hopefully shed some light on the matter

Ooooo creativity 4, that's wee wee poor!

Sounds about right tbf...

Guest lilywhite

Evening all, Preston fan here to drop by with an honest opinion of Mayor:

It was my dad who started the thread on pne-online and this info has come from the horse's mouth, he's got a medical at your place on Thursday. He was previously training with Blackpool, was offered a contract there and has chosen the Wednesday over Blackpool (probably a wise decision given our rivalry)! Dave Jones was interested in him previously when he was at Cardiff.

To give you a bit of background, he broke through into our team 2/3 years ago and became a regular in the team last season, he is an attacking winger who was used predominantly on the left wing (despite being right footed). He has got good acceleration, skill and delivery and was one of the only performers who came out of last season with any credibility - it probably held back his development playing in the poorest Preston team I have seen in 20 years!

Preston fans are likely to be bitter as he requested to move if an offer came in from a club placed higher in the football pyramid than ourselves, his main reason for moving being his strained relationship with Westley.

A good move for Mayor and a player with plenty of potential...if Jones can toughen him up, encourage him to get the ball into the box earlier and make him more consistent (tended to have 1 good game every 3) you could have a good player on your hands! Also, wouldn't expect the fee to be much more than £200k as we require players off the books as soon as possible to bring in the final pieces of Westley's jigsaw after our big summer cull!!

Good luck for the season.

Edited by lilywhite

Seen this kid on a few occasions and he is a gem! Very quick and skilful, he ghosted past our defence on numerous occasions last year!

If we sign him he will be playing and will give us the width we need on the opposite flank to Antonio!

I'm going to stick the neck out and say this kid will be a stand out performer this year!

Seen this kid on a few occasions and he is a gem! Very quick and skilful, he ghosted past our defence on numerous occasions last year!

If we sign him he will be playing and will give us the width we need on the opposite flank to Antonio!

I'm going to stick the neck out and say this kid will be a stand out performer this year!

If you think he's that good. Why don't you stick your neck out and make a real statement?

From my mouth, not the horse's. I bumped into him over the summer. He was introduced by a friend of mine, and he mentioned he wanted to leave Preston, he'd had some interest from a number of clubs, including Blackpool, but not us at that moment in time.

I told him that if we showed any interest, it'd be a no brainer, bigging us up big style, mentioning the Wycombe game, our tremendous support home and away, and the realistic chance of promotion back to the Premiership. He said he'd ask his agent to make an enquiry because I told him we were after a decent winger after the return of Antonio and Treacy to their respective clubs. I thought he just said that to keep me quiet but it looks like he did that then.

Nice lad.

If he signs, and it's not bunkum, I'm claiming I sorted the transfer.

Much better company than Andy Morrison. I thought I'd end up in a scrap when I went out with him.

From my mouth, not the horse's. I bumped into him over the summer. He was introduced by a friend of mine, and he mentioned he wanted to leave Preston, he'd had some interest from a number of clubs, including Blackpool, but not us at that moment in time.

I told him that if we showed any interest, it'd be a no brainer, bigging us up big style, mentioning the Wycombe game, our tremendous support home and away, and the realistic chance of promotion back to the Premiership. He said he'd ask his agent to make an enquiry because I told him we were after a decent winger after the return of Antonio and Treacy to their respective clubs. I thought he just said that to keep me quiet but it looks like he did that then.

Nice lad.

If he signs, and it's not bunkum, I'm claiming I sorted the transfer.

Much better company than Andy Morrison. I thought I'd end up in a scrap when I went out with him.

Andy Morrison as in the fat, former Blades centre half?

Has owlstalk sorted another transfer? lol