Danny Mayor

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

As stated in transfer thread- I was really impressed with this lad when we played them at their place last season. Quick and tricky, he goes past players with ease- a bit like Ryan Giggs. For me he was by far their best player on that paticular day. I remember commenting to my bro about him and looking in the programme to see who he was, because for me he stood out. Whether he is consistently that good though, remains to be seen.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest Sheff Owl

Danny Mayor is a very good player.

Caused us no end of problems last season at Deepdale.

Mentioned this guy for months as a possible signing.

Preston fans are not fussed either way reading that thread.

He sounds like a player with potential- maybe for the development squad?

If he signs, he'll be first-team - albeit on the fringes, possibly. Shouldn't read too much him not being able to get in PNE side back end of last season. Says more about Westley than him.

As stated in transfer thread- I was really impressed with this lad when we played them at their place last season. Quick lad and tricky, he goes past players with ease- a bit like Ryan Giggs. For me he was by far their best player for them last season on the day. I remember commenting to my bro about him and looking in the programme to see who he was because for me he stood out.

Right or left winger mate?

Tricky, but no end product.

Right footed too - I'd like a left footer in there to offer us balance. Treacey looks out of reach but someone of that ilk.

Unless he's a low cost gamble then leave it for now.

And comparisons to Ryan Giggs??? Does he rumble his brothers wife too?

Guest Sheff Owl

To say Preston fans ain bothered about him they hope they get a good fee for him....

Apparently Danny Mayor told Westley that he wanted to leave to play in a higher league.

Guest foreverSWFC

Any respectable evidence?

We need a left winger, not a right winger.

Edited by foreverSWFC

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Tricky, but no end product.

Right footed too - I'd like a left footer in there to offer us balance. Treacey looks out of reach but someone of that ilk.

Unless he's a low cost gamble then leave it for now.

And comparisons to Ryan Giggs??? Does he rumble his brothers wife too?

I wasn't try to suggest he was as good as Ryan Giggs...what I meant was that he has the ability like Giggs, to go past players and make it look effortless. Obviously, Mayor is playing in League One and Giggs at the top level, so this has to be taken into consideration. Furthermore, I only saw him in one game, so I'm hesitant to shout too much from the rooftops! However, there does seem to be interest from higher League clubs, which suggests that the lad has shown consistency.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Any respectable evidence?

We need a left winger, not a right winger.

why the obsession with which is the winger's strongest foot? (on here- not just you)

They swap throughout games anyway like last night, antonio started right and ended left.

Edited by Beholder

Guest oz_owl

Very promising young winger, pacey and skillful. Come through the PNE academy but fell out with Westley last season (as did most of the existing players!). Predominately right sided, but can play left.

Seen quite a lot of him and would be extremely happy with this if true - has a lot of potential.