Danny Mayor

Guest Sheff Owl

Him (and Jamie Proctor) were given permission to train with Blackpool at the end of last week, so that either didn't work out or we've made a quick move to nick him from under their noses.

Yeah.

Proctor was on Prestons bench the other night vs Huddersfield.

Proctor is another who wants out. Said it around the same time as Mayor.

Guest oz_owl

Yeah.

Proctor was on Prestons bench the other night vs Huddersfield.

Proctor is another who wants out. Said it around the same time as Mayor.

I think that was Andy Procter.

He did look good against us last year, and handing in a transfer request always turns the fans against a player, so the PNE reaction doesn't mean he's a bad player.

I can't believe we'd give a 21 year old player a one year contract though, especially if there's a fee involved. If he turned out any good, he could be off in January. At that age clubs are normally looking to get them committed for 3-4 years.

If we sign him I will be pleased. Good young player who seems to have fallen out with Westley and perhaps doesnt quite buy into the blood and guts work ethic there, but very skillful.

I was just wondering what had happened to him the other day and whether we would go for him and then this thread pops up.

Danny mayor is a class player (when he wants to be.)

Lets say he turns up once evry 10 games, and comes out with a cracker like that against hartlepool, you lot blaming westley are totally wrong, sorry, as he started to play better under westley, and we're only getting shut, because hes to big for his boots and IMO won't cut it at your level, and will end of back in L1 fairly shortly.

Thanks, best of luck for season,

A PNE supporter.

I'm not blaming Westley as such, but he cant be a fan of Westley if he slaps a transfer request in as soon as Westley crosses the threshold and starts tearing strips off people.

I can imagine him being inconsistent as I hear about him every so often and then it goes quiet, sounds like a challenge for Jones and tends to fit with our transfer policy of looking for the next potential star rather than getting into a bidding war for someone who is well hyped.

Why would we sign another right winger when we already have 3? We are crying out for someone who's left footed. If he's for the development squad, then great, if not I think we have more pressing needs

He wont be for the development squad. DJ says he likes his wingers to cut inside in any case.

Guest foreverSWFC

I can remember we tried to sign a winger called Whaley who was similarly rated, think he's playing non league football now

OMG YOU ARE SO NEGTIVE

lol