Danny Mayor

DJ is talking to the Star like it's a fairly sure thing

“He comes within what we are trying to build, like Rhys McCabe and Diogo Amado,” he said. “They’re players who will hopefully stand the club in good stead for many years and hopefully make the club money as well.

“He [Mayor] would fit into that young bracket who will knock on the first-team door and make a big impact, and also be the future of the club.”

My pal goes Preston home and away....says he's got loads of potential but needs to channel it. Can take it past 3 players but then picks the wrong pass or shoots when there's nothing on. Altho he was rapidly improving as the season went on and was looking much more composed making the right decisions.

Great signing if he keeps progressing.

Really happy we are looking at these talented youngsters it can only bold well for the future.

So basically a younger version of JJ!

why the obsession with which is the winger's strongest foot? (on here- not just you)

They swap throughout games anyway like last night, antonio started right and ended left.

some do more easily than others i.e. some players are more "one footed" than others. JJ, for example, does not look comfortable at all on the left unlike Antonio (as you mention). Going back a bit Harkes never looked that comfortable on the left. Even a player as talented as JOC looked hopelessly out of position when switched to left wing:)

some do more easily than others i.e. some players are more "one footed" than others. JJ, for example, does not look comfortable at all on the left unlike Antonio (as you mention). Going back a bit Harkes never looked that comfortable on the left. Even a player as talented as JOC looked hopelessly out of position when switched to left wing:)

lol

joc looked hoplessly out of position wherever he played.

*waves*

Just a few examples of Premiership clubs signing players from divisions below them...

Why did Everton sign Joleon Lescott?

Why did Man City sign Adam Johnson?

Why did Man U sign Nick Powell?

Why did Arsenal sign Theo Walcott?

Why did Arsenal sign Oxlaide Chamberlain?

Why did Arsenal sign Aaron Ramsey?

I could go on and on.

Ian Rush Chester

Roy Keane Cork City

Grant Holt Barrow

Chris Waddle Sausage Factory