COG - Putting himself in the shop window or something to prove?

Guest foreverSWFC

Unplayable tonight.

Just find his shooting boots more often and we have a really dangerous striker on our hands.

Hope he stays, be very very disappointed if he went.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

The fact Harewood was sent on his way suggests Jones wants Chris O'Grady!

Defo keep him will start on Saturday!

Plenty to prove, in terms of staying with us in the Championship. He cost us the best part of £400k so we would want that back in any case.

He's a good option to bring on when teams take the heavy handed approach, because when COG gets involved they wish they hadnt bothered.

He can be a good squad player, I was impressed with that header, guided it in just like the one vs United. Wont get lots of goals, but will get his share. I'd hate to give him to Barnsley only for him to start scoring for them.

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest TonyOwl88

Cog goals may noth ave been free flowing but look at some of the ones he does have...

goal against the blunts at bumole lane to get us back into a game we should have been winning.

West Ham in the cup... Premiership bound of course...

Winner against the blunts at Hillsborough.

The guy has something... even out on the wing he seemed to offer a solid presence. He's scored goals in pre-season, and 2 today. I don't think he's looking to leave, because this club is so far above and beyond any other that he has played for.

The shirt is his now...

I think COG has always been this way. Under Megson he was asked to play a certain way i.e. get the ball blasted at him at 100mph anf wait four days for others to arrive in support. He done the job reasonably well, which is why Megson kept on picking him.

Under a passing side he'll be more involved and more in the goals.