derby county memories

Guest EBRA

frozen pitch hodge hero away

saunders and shilton playing a blinder away

john harks wow away

siling it down delayed kick off absolutely boolocksed can't remember the score lol away

cup match at home derby came off the train ay wadsley bridge biff baff boof ouch lol home

3 3 you could see the panic in the players at 3 1 up , away

good times , ready for some more

Guest foreverSWFC

Good times?

Losing 3-0 away with Jordan Stewart scoring a screamer.

Losing on penalties in the cup, Kenny Lunt taking possibly the worst penalty I've ever seen.

Losing 1-0 at home, crap game being tore apart by Gary flippingTeale.

We never beat Derby.

Best Memories

(H) FA Cup 1993 - Warhurst scored to set up the semi with Utd

(A) League 2006 - Last match of the season, won 2-0. Non stop party that day, one of my best ever away days.

Worst Memories

(H) Every other match exept the above. We never beat Derby at home.

(A) League 2000 - The infamous 3-3. 3-1 up on 90 minutes, how did that happen?! Always said that match relegated us.

First and only time at Pride Park having the pleasure of watching Earl Barrett make his debut (i think) and Jon Newsome put in a laughably inept performance at centre half pretty much handing them two of their three goals in a 3 nil loss.

Then standing waiting for the park n ride bus to take us back to the car park and being pelted with some of the hardest and coldest hailstones known to man for a good ten minutes leaving us all cold and wet for the journey home. I think it ranks up there as one of the worst ever away games for me.

Have a good feeling this time round though. Really think Derby are going to struggle this year and are there for the taking.

anyone else remember the police horse charge, unreal!

The Old Baseball ground....

Night game I think and the first time I heard the "We're Wednesday, we're barmy, we're off our flipping heads" chant. Police horses charging down the narror terraced house streets, bottles flying and loads of us just trying to get away. Scary stuff.

Guest foreverSWFC

2-2 draw sometime in 03 maybe? Warren Barton sent off after about twenty minutes and Tony Crane getting a late equaliser.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/derby-county-v-sheffield-wednesday-15-february-2003-16035/

3 former SWFC players in the Derby squad that day too - Grant, Bolder and Tudgay

Remember that. My first away game.

Michael Reddy scored.

yeah i remember that can you remember which season that was? I guess it must have been late 80s/early 90s

Around that time, luckily someone grabbed me and pulled me over a little fence, totally unnecessary from the police that day, if I remember correctly it made it in to the papers

First game after Hillsboro disaster was away at derby. Gates were left open on fences on away end.

Harkes wonder goal on a freezing night in late .

Police horse charge, ending up getting lost, couldn't find car and ended up back at the ground an hour after the game finished to start looking again.

3-3 QF draw in 93. 3-2 down with 10 mins left but we all knew we'd equalise.

First and only time at Pride Park having the pleasure of watching Earl Barrett make his debut (i think) and Jon Newsome put in a laughably inept performance at centre half pretty much handing them two of their three goals in a 3 nil loss.

Then standing waiting for the park n ride bus to take us back to the car park and being pelted with some of the hardest and coldest hailstones known to man for a good ten minutes leaving us all cold and wet for the journey home. I think it ranks up there as one of the worst ever away games for me.

This

Worst away match ever, Di Canio didn't want to know either and yes that hail/snow storm was off the scale bad, got drenched.

Have a good feeling this time round though. Really think Derby are going to struggle this year and are there for the taking.

Edited by WadsleyOwl