Tough season ahead for Wednesday 15th realistic!

Guest Wade owl

Guest We Shall Overcome

So looking forward to this season,but I carnt help feel nothing has been added to the group from last season,needed 3/4 signings on top of antiono,we have a massive lack of experience in the team,madine will struggle in this leauge,no more than 60 points,tough season ahead,needed to spend and you all know it!!

I'm gunner top myself.

So looking forward to this season,but I carnt help feel nothing has been added to the group from last season,needed 3/4 signings on top of antiono,we have a massive lack of experience in the team,madine will struggle in this leauge,no more than 60 points,tough season ahead,needed to spend and you all know it!!

Absolute tool. You cannot be serious with this stupid comment.

You've not been paying attention, wake up .

Truffle Hunter? Or Negative fan who never attends and hasn't got a clue on the quality signings we've made ie McCabe who is superb

Neither have you, seeing as we haven't played a competitive game yet.

Guest worksopwednesday

Let's look positive we really can push for a play off place or better. Let's not go back to The old Wednesday fans doom and gloom. This club is on the up. If theres a time to critasise do it but also let's keep it positive aswell.

The squad is not finished yet and I see this. That Dave Jones knows the game inside out, he has added skill ability and, more importantly, players who appear to have football brains.

What does ths mean for Jones ? Flexibility....He can now use the intelligence in the team to change the style mid-game if he so wishes with 3, 4 or 5 at the back,

3, 4 or 5 in the middle and 1 , 2 or 3 up front. There were signs on Saturday that Reda was being encouraged to to play far more shorter balls inside than last season and though Reda suffered for it, we all know with a little patience that he can adapt. Kirkland also was releasing the ball short, so there are signs that we will b playing for posession a lot more.

With the abundance of midfielders and wingers with pace to spare I think the OP is being wildly pessimistic. Though I'm not going to stick my neck out and say we're on board HMS pi55 the league, I do expect an exciting end to the season that would n't surprise me were we taking a little trip down Wembley Way.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

I think we're a left sided Midfielder/winger and a Striker away from being a well balanced squad. Mid to top half is achievable, barring serious injuries/suspensions.

Hope you Pigs crash and burn!

The smell of fried bacon.

How's life at the stain? Winding up order in yet?

So looking forward to this season,but I carnt help feel nothing has been added to the group from last season,1) needed 3/4 signings on top of antiono,2) we have a massive lack of experience in the team, 3) madine will struggle in this leauge,4) no more than 60 points, 5) tough season ahead, 6)needed to spend and you all know it!!

1) DJ and Milan have already said we are still looking for another 4 or 5 players

2) So Kirkland and Gardner, who are both England internationals and played in the Premiership, have added no experience?

3) How do you know that? Mystic meg are you? Pure speculative bullsh*t. You could be right, but the truth is NO-ONE knows how he will fare in this league.

4) Again, how do you know that? More speculative bullsh*t

5) It was always going to be tough, EVERY season is tough, including last season and every other season in the past.

6) We've already signed 8 players. Yes, some of them are unknown quantities and freebies, however, the likes of Kirkland and Gardner will not be cheap wages, and Maguire already commanded a fee. Antonio (if he signs) will be another fee paid out. Milan has already said that this period is where the money is starting to be spent on players. We've still got just under 2 weeks until our first game in the Championship as well as the rest of August, so plenty of time to get some more players in

I don't like accusing people of being blunts on here, but you seem to talk as much crap as them

I'll take 15th as it is an improvement on this season.

Season after I would be gald for a top 10 finish nad the season after that pushing for the playoffs.

So I would be glad to be pushing for the playoffs in three years if that is what it takes to become a financially stable, established Championship team.

Which should still earn MM a tidy profit. I would ask us to be patient but we have been extremely patient over the last 10 years, what difference would a few more years make to make sure we never have to relive that last decade of surviv'abilty and mediocrity, Cardiff apart.

Fair point probably have to wait to make a sensible prediction but I'll stick my neck out.

Peknic will get 10+ assists this season.

McGuire and Madine will get 10+ goals each

We'll have one of the best 5 defensive records in the division

We will finish at least 7th or higher.

It's nearly time for the follow up to our the best season in 30 years. If you can't be positive now you may as well give up. Bring it on.