Tough season ahead for Wednesday 15th realistic!

Guest Wade owl

I thought we had added a goalkeeper, a right back, a left back and a centre half to improve us defensively. 3 of the 4 having previously excelled at this level or higher.

I then thought we added a striker who was by all accounts Portsmouth's best player in the last few months.

By this point I was clearly delusional but I then thought we signed an international attacking midfielder, a promising midfielder that Premier League clubs were after and another Portuguese midfielder courtesy of our new scouting system.

I then misheard Dave Jones say the Antonio deal was all but wrapped up.....

........and that he still wanted to bring another FIVE players in.

Now, after reading that "nothing has been added to the group", I realise that either:-

A. I am insane and imagined it all.

B. Some football fans will never be happy and think it is Football Manager where you just sign who you want.

Are you going to stick your neck out then and make a prediction? lol

Couldn't really give a poo pooe if you thought I was a pig,just been realistic!

Being, it's being porky!

Out of interest (very little mind) did you go to the game yesterday? or indeed Donny or Portugal?

Didn't think so. We have some quality in the side and a fair bit of back up in various positions.

We will be alright this season, and to think there are more signings to come, although you wouldn't think it with some of the crack lickers on here ffs!

Gardner is maybe the most expierenced centre back we've had in a while and Mattock and hopefully Lee will add to a solid defence, Kirkland is England squad class if fit and Amado and McCabe are quality young midfielders. Blunts were juicing at the thought of fleck and what's his name on loan off Gers last year til they fooked paperwork up but we've just signed there best youngster on a permanent deal! Hope OP is a blunt for that simple fact. O, I ant mentioned picnic who looks like he's got a bit of quality also.

Guest Bald Owl

Different leauge championship,let's be reyt some very poor teams in L1 last season,I hope your right,look weak to me Wednesday,really do

Don't panic mucca just think when Southampton and Brighton went up they weren't spectacular but have coped well. I think we're a little short up front at the mo but we've now got a good keeper and some good young uns. Onwards and upwards. UTO

Guest Sniper1

We are 2/3 players short of a play off challenge.

We are solid defensively with another CB to come in for strength in depth.(Gabbidon)

Semedo will be valuable again with his non stop determination in the middle of the park.

Kirkland is a top quality keeper and we are lucky to have him, with Bywater easily good enough for the Champ.

Apart from the additional CB all our further business will be about creativity, i was getting wound up with the Antonio transfer but it looks done.

With Antonio, Maguire and Madine we have real quality in the final third with more to come.

A left winger and a pacey striker added to what we already have will see us a surprise package this season.

Over to Milan, PA and Big Dave to get the next few right.

Nothing to be down about, think about where we were this time 2-3 years ago.

We have had some quality experienced players to a good side in gardener and kirkland, brought in some young highly rated players in mccabe lee mattock maguire and hopefully antonio. What more do you want FFS? I can't wait for the season to start and I think the future is very bright. Great chairman great manager and a squad thts showing some real potential.

Guest Fedor

Yes more than aware of the signings,fedor,no porky fella,blue blood trust me

Okay then I will give you my thoughts. The Championship this year could be anything. Some teams are spending money but that doesnt guarantee anything (see Leicester last season). But I think it will be one of those leagues where every one can beat anyone (fixed odds nightmare). I am not going to get carried away and say we will do a Southampton or Norwich.but I think we will be okay this season. The thing we have got going like the afore mentioned duo is team spirit and momentum. We have an extremely good manager and these things are far more important sometimes than just splashing the cash. With this in mind I think we will be fine and pushing for the playoffs only to miss out at the tail end of the season. Edited by Fedor

Guest Wade owl

Being, it's being porky!

Out of interest (very little mind) did you go to the game yesterday? or indeed Donny or Portugal?

Didn't think so. We have some quality in the side and a fair bit of back up in various positions.

We will be alright this season, and to think there are more signings to come, although you wouldn't think it with some of the crack lickers on here ffs!

Guest BoomTownOwls

Are you going to stick your neck out then and make a prediction? lol

lol

Assuming we sign Antonio....,,,,

........... And assuming that DJ's other 5 players are a centre half, centre midfielder, winger and 2 strikers.

8th.

Guest Wade owl

Lick your nans ashes dude,was at the game yesterday,off to derby and oldham and a nice box all next season pigeon!