Antonio vs marshall?

What do we think? My personal opinion is that losing out to Leicester on signing marshall was a blessing in disguise!! On the assumption that we have actually signed MA.

Sorry if this should be in another thread - and apologies for another michail antonio topic lol

I have been arguing that Antonio is in fact worth the money to us for the last few weeks and am wee wee tail a hoop if we have actually signed him but... I really dont think he is quite in the same league of Marshall, Marshall is a more rounded player.

Having said that Antonio will be our most important signing of the season (I think).

I must admit that I was asking myself the same question. Still I believe that Antonio did bigger imapact in shorter time here. What a talent. If we show as much faith in him this season as we did in last, there is no reason why he couldn't make such an imapact on The Championship. Just my opinion.

Marshall is your traditional textbook RM 'run down the wing and pop a cross in' and score a few on the way as you all know that's what swfc wanted... But Antonio has got all that capability plus the strength and he's not scared to put in a challenge and to have a shot from distance and the stats show... Marshall 5 in 22 and Antonio 5 in 14 and after seeing them

Both play I would say Antonio because of his strength,speed, long throws, shots

Hope we sign him another cm and 2 more strikers and we'll have a really good chance in the championship!!!! Bring on derby!!!

Marshall for consistency, Antonio for the ability to produce something of sheer brilliance.

Different types of players with various strengths and weaknesses.

I prefer Antonio as I've always been a fan of proper old school wingers, quick, direct and only thinking about getting past opposition players.

Two players who will be compared to each other, but shouldn't be.

Antonio is the player JJ should be.

Marshall is the player strikers love to have providing the ammo.

if we had both players, I'd be very optimistic about next season going for automatic, alas we only have Antonio.

Edit: The one thing both have in common is the ability to score a brilliant goal, seemingly out of nothing.

Edited by a_weishaupt

2 different types of player..

Antonio will scare defenders with his Pace and trickery

and unlike JJ he has an end product.

Marshall is a very good footballer, an impact player with intelligence.

I'm amazed Stoke let him go to be honest.

I don't think you can make a convincing argument for either being the better player. The contribution from both of them was immense last season. It wouldn't surprise me to see both of them going on to very successful careers playing at the highest level.

It was nice last season when either of them received the ball, that literally anything could happen. Taking on players, pure dribbling skill, crossing of high standard and class goals. It's what football fans want to see. It's been a long time since we had two wingers of such high caliber.

It a shame we couldn't tempt Marshall to join the club but then I suppose if we had, we wouldn't have recruited Antonio.

Its been a pleasure to watch them both.