alan judge

Guest phshaw

I rate this lad.

So do I. There is probably nothing in the rumour but I am surprised that most seem to dismiss him as not good enough for the Championship. I think he would do great with better players around him; not only was he terrific last season but I thought he did well when he played in the Championship as a young kid for a poor Plymouth team that got relegated. He has the ability to make a name for himself.

Mattock, Reda, Bennett, Reynolds, D Jones, are all now left backs by trade and Buxton and Lee have both played there quite a lot in recent years and DJ seems happy to play Beevers there too so of all the positions we could be signing somebody for this week I'd be a surprised if it's a left back unless Reynolds, Jones and Bennett go at the same time. If we do sign a left back it would have to mean Reda is covering centre half

Guest Foxhill Owl

Mattock, Reda, Bennett, Reynolds, D Jones, are all now left backs by trade and Buxton and Lee have both played there quite a lot in recent years and DJ seems happy to play Beevers there too so of all the positions we could be signing somebody for this week I'd be a surprised if it's a left back unless Reynolds, Jones and Bennett go at the same time. If we do sign a left back it would have to mean Reda is covering centre half

We're have you got LB from pal? I think jones is more interested in a Right sided CB, even more so now a defender has departed .

We're have you got LB from pal? I think jones is more interested in a Right sided CB, even more so now a defender has departed .

Cleary ITKer John earlier in the thread....I'm still expecting a CB bid as well. There were rumours of Kalifa Cisse being on a weeks trial with a view to a move, he would fit that bill.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Alan Judge is a decent player but would cost us around £300k, he was signed from Blackburn and is comfortable on the ball.

Alan Judge is a decent player but would cost us around £300k, he was signed from Blackburn and is comfortable on the ball.

Sounds like he's in our price range then lol

Haven't Ipswich already had £500k rejected though?

4 signings left I reckon

1 Centre Back

2 Wingers

1 Striker

The difficult one to factor in is Pecnik, if he's a winger and we sign 2 that's 5 players for 2 spots, but sensible with JJ's injury record and 7 on the bench. OR maybe as option for CM joining Amado, Prutton and Lines as backup to McCabe (described by one rangers fan as like Barry Ferguson before he got poo poo) and Semedo.

If there is a 5th it might be a wildcard, a space for a player who is just too good to miss.

Edited by Taff_Owl

Guest Foxhill Owl

Cleary ITKer John earlier in the thread....I'm still expecting a CB bid as well. There were rumours of Kalifa Cisse being on a weeks trial with a view to a move, he would fit that bill.

I don't think Jon ment a LB will be coming in think he was just stating what he has got right I.e players coming in .

Don't think Prutton will stay. Personally I'd like to see another experienced playmaker in there alongside Semedo, someone who could dictate the game from midfield. Bring McCabe through gradually, involving him from the bench before eventually letting him start games.

Definitely disagree! 2 wingers are a must!

Absolutely vital, we have nobody we can rely on to play there, which we had on both sides at the end of last season.

Mike Jones is decent but a squad player at this level,

Jury out on Pecnik, showed a few nice touches but looked a few yards off the pace other day, might improve as he gets used to playing over here, might also be better in a central role.

JJ is quite simply JJ, erratic and injury prone.

Edited by leea8331

Absolutely vital, we have nobody we can rely on to play there, which we had on both sides at the end of last season.

Mike Jones is decent but a squad player at this level,

Jury out on Pecnik, showed a few nice touches but looked a few yards off the pace other day, might improve as he gets used to playing over here, might also be better in a central role.

JJ is quite simply JJ, erratic and injury prone.

Pecnik is definitely not a winger, and I'm sure everyone will realise this by the end of the season. Although, not sure how he's going to fit in with our style of play

M. Jones really disappointed me against Donny.I wanted to give him a chance, and when he came on he looked lively, but he just disappeared again. Wouldn't even attempt to take his man on, so I've come to the conclusion he just isn't good enough.

As you say, JJ is JJ. Great when he's on it, but very erratic and no end product usually.

If we haven't brought in 2 new wingers by end of transfer window then I do fear for the season ahead.