DJ seems a happy man after Portugal, plus Milan on Antonio

Guest intercity0wl

I'd say its the opposite really, Reading seem to have a valuation that they have stuck to whereas we are the ones offering different amounts Of course I understand we are trying to obtain the guy at the best price we can and if we have really bid 700,000 and don't consider him worth the extra 50,000, then fair enough. I cannot see anyone offering 1 million, and why should they when they could get him for 750,000?

We're in a position to move on if we want to....I'm just really pleased about that. We have the negotiating team to deal with Reading...up to them now but let's be clear, we can and will move on if it affects DJ and MM's plans...

MM will not throw his money around, and nor should he. We don't know what is happening for sure but surely we have got to the point of making a final "take it or leave it " offer, then we can all move on.

On the whole though, I'm also tempted to suggest we should forget about this one, and consider one of our alternative targets instead.

My thoughts also (not sure what my thoughts count for) quite a few players out there to look at and DJ is no mug in the transfer market.

Kinda want Antonio to slap a transfer request in now, just to speed it up one way or another.

suspect his agent has been checking out interest to see if this is a no risk option

Seems as i thought Reading (cos they are fairly financially secure) don't need to rush and are now trying it on to see how far they can take us. MM's low bid and chip away policy has helped created this dilemma imo - what would I do?

offer a final bid but not sure he's worth a million - remembering we'd still have to produce a good wages incentive for him to sign

so depending on the actual bid we made up to 750k take or leave it and move on quickly

Routledge is someone who's been linked, he'd cost a lot more than Antonio though. Of course thats not the issue, its whether we consider the valuation a fair price to pay. How much would Routledge cost do you think, £2 million?

The comments on twitter last night about other clubs being interested came from the bloke who was reporting out there I think. The link in the tweet he said it took you to a page that just grouped his tweets together, kind of like an online commentary of the match thing like on bbc website. No info about who the other clubs were or anything.

We will sign him if the deal is right, and if we don't we will have a fallback plan. Stop panicking and let MM and DJ sort it.

If Antonio performed at a similar level to how he did last season for us then there is no question he would be worth a million. But there is no way of knowing if he'll be able to manage that. Reading don't seem to think so as they didn't use him much at that level. If that really is what they are after I wouldn't blame Mandaric for deciding against it.

Presumably though, unless someone else comes in who is prepared to throw that kind of money around (and you'd think that they'd have made their interest known by now after how long we've had our hat in the ring) we ought to be able to come to some arrangement regarding an up front fee and additional clauses for future selling and/or promotion.

Guest intercity0wl

Some one i know had his picture took with MM last night and did ask him about antonio, apparently the answer was, yes soon

I'd say its the opposite really, Reading seem to have a valuation that they have stuck to whereas we are the ones offering different amounts Of course I understand we are trying to obtain the guy at the best price we can and if we have really bid 700,000 and don't consider him worth the extra 50,000, then fair enough. I cannot see anyone offering 1 million, and why should they when they could get him for 750,000?

Even though Milan said he was going to speak to Reading's people to find out what they were looking for, if they actually wanted to sell him etc?

Seems to me we are confused with regard to what Reading are doing, and wanting, with Antonio. Seems there was a point when we were clear on what the valuation was, and that we are now confused. Reading have clearly been moving the goalposts.

Guest JonTheOwl66

If he's available for the same price that we could get Antonio for then it's a no brainer really.

Precisely. I'd be happy for us to pay say a million for him because he's a Premier League player. Or, at least hes played in the Premier League.

As I've just said in another thread, we should just tell Reading to rumble off now. Antonio isn't worth the hype that's surrounded him this Summer. He's a good player, no doubt, but he isn't good enough for a club like Reading to take the wee wee out of us.

If he signs then great. If not, I'll be even happier. It shows we won't be taken for mugs and overpaying for a player.

Precisely. I'd be happy for us to pay say a million for him because he's a Premier League player. Or, at least hes played in the Premier League.

As I've just said in another thread, we should just tell Reading to rumble off now. Antonio isn't worth the hype that's surrounded him this Summer. He's a good player, no doubt, but he isn't good enough for a club like Reading to take the wee wee out of us.

If he signs then great. If not, I'll be even happier. It shows we won't be taken for mugs and overpaying for a player.

But you've been telling everyone he's signing I don't get it ?