Woody coming back ?

Guest intercity0wl

Guest pwilkysowls

Richard Wood has pace? I must have blinked every time he used it! lol

come on! surely you can see he has pace?

maybe your blinks last longer than you think

Guest pwilkysowls

He has pace, it just takes him 40 yards before he reaches it, coincidentally, that's the amount of space he used to leave behind him ensuring strikers with actual pace had a nice pocket to aim for.

push up too deep frig are we coming or going

defenders are advised where to position by the coach yes!

Rob Jones is better than wood.

Not much but he is better

And he wasn't getting in a pretty crappy Scod canyonhorpe team when we signed him.

He is another one who I suspect will not be good enough for the Championship.

We'll see tho.

WTF - the language filter thingy won't let me put Scun_thorpe. It thinks I'm trying to write c_unt.

Edited by Handball_!!

Very good defender.

Couldn't give a poo what the haters on here think.

He's alright, has all the physical attributes but lacks positional sense at times. As we have to pay a fee for him I wonder if we could do better.

Plus, some times things are best left in the past.

So he just left a shiit team for one that was better at the time? The only other mention so far is that he was captain at the time, but I'm not sure if this should mean he has to stay with us for eternity.

*Not that I want to sign him. Just can't remember why he is despised.

So he just left a shiit team for one that was better at the time? The only other mention so far is that he was captain at the time, but I'm not sure if this should mean he has to stay with us for eternity.

I think the club released a statement at the time saying he messed them around over a new deal. I'm sure Richard Wood would have his own side to the story, but the statement turned much of the fan base against him.

He was decent for us, and when he left we started shipping goals. In hidsight, id have rather kept him and not got Purse, but im sure in hindsight he wishes he hadnt signed for Coventry.

He wasnt treated fairly, but theres two sides to every story and im sure that the club has their own version.

Id be surprised if this was true.

I liked him and still do.

If we really have to have another centre half then I would choose him. Mainly because of his pace.

But you are right that we don't need another one as we already have a stack of em.

I always liked him, but I was told by a Coventry fan last year that he's lost his pace.

I don't despise him. I just think he is rubbish.

I think H Maguire is rubbish too - of a similar ilk IMO. Cant understand where he gets the accolades from either.

All about personal opinions.

I don't despise him. I just think he is rubbish.

I think H Maguire is rubbish too - of a similar ilk IMO. Cant understand where he gets the accolades from either.

All about personal opinions.

This.

Take away all the contract crap - Wood was a distinctly average footballer. He wasn't bad, yet he wasn't that good as some people like Beholder (surprise surprise) reckon. We need to move on as a club, not looking back to average centre halves. If he hadn't played for us in the past, no one would want him at all - pick some other random Coventry City defender who has done feck all for three years and just been part of a side that got relegated, would you want them?

Move on.

He was decent for us, and when he left we started shipping goals. In hidsight, id have rather kept him and not got Purse, but im sure in hindsight he wishes he hadnt signed for Coventry.

He wasnt treated fairly, but theres two sides to every story and im sure that the club has their own version.

Id be surprised if this was true.

Oh do give over.

Handed in a Transfer request as club captain.

Wasn't that good either and we kept conceding numerous goals at the back post where he was loosing his marker IIRC.