Woody coming back ?

Guest intercity0wl

Guest pops55

I never comment on players linked with us until iv'e seen them play for Wednesday, however, on Wood NO NO NO he's past his best and will in no way strengthen or squad.

With Buxton at rightback that'll be 3 of the back 4 that sent us down.

Joking aside though, after the way both he and Varadi screwed the club over, he can flip right off.

Also we've moved on now to bigger and better things, League 1's his level.

He took bad advice off that tail Varadi and was treated also disgracefully by Laws and co.

Dont think it would be good him coming back but also the wood haters should reflect how he was treated.

Seriously though, I can't remember what he did? Does it boil down to anything more than giving us a number of years good service and then signing for a club in a better position?

laws deliberatly stirred the poo poo and then brought him on as sub knowing he would get villified.

Laws after that went down in my estimation.

"Wood struggled to command a regular first-team place at Coventry last term, making just 12 league starts and five substitute appearances."

"Wood is one of Coventry’s highest earners and is likely to command a transfer fee."

Sounds like he needs us more than we need him. A left footed centre half, let alone one who couldn't get into a relegation team last season, is the last thing we need at the moment.

His agent has been having talks with Danny Wilson as a potential replacement for McGuire.

Barnsley also enquired but not followed it up.

His agent is doing what a good agent should be doing, getting his name in the papers and being noticed.

With Buxton at rightback that'll be 3 of the back 4 that sent us down.

Joking aside though, after the way both he and Varadi screwed the club over, he can flip right off.

Also we've moved on now to bigger and better things, League 1's his level.

Get your facts right !!

Cant see this happening to be honest but the self righteous hand wringing that occurs on here every time RW,s name is mentioned never ceases to amaze me.

Purely as a player i would rate him behind Llera , Gardner and Batth , but ahead of Beevers and R Jones............................and if DJ wanted him in the squad i,d be happy enough with that.

This thread is a prime example of how football fans are far from objective.

If the circumstances of his exit were different, people wouldn't be so scathing about him.

It's like a load of jilted birds discussing an ex.

'he had a small wee wee tail anyway '

I really don't get this opinion that he is not good enough.

He was outstanding for us in the season before purse came.

Absolutely outstanding.

In that season, we might have had the best home defensive record in the league- but we also had the WORST away record in the entire division.

In all of the other seasons with us, he was average, apart from in Derby games.

Oh, and on top of that, he handed in a transfer request after accepting the club captaincy at his boyhood team, and eventually f**ked us off to go and sign for Coventry because of a bit of extra dollar.

He can get shagged as far as i'm concerned- i don't want to see any player taking SWFC for mugs, never mind a player who isn't even very good.