Woody coming back ?

Guest intercity0wl

In that season, we might have had the best home defensive record in the league- but we also had the WORST away record in the entire division.

In all of the other seasons with us, he was average, apart from in Derby games.

Oh, and on top of that, he handed in a transfer request after accepting the club captaincy at his boyhood team, and eventually f**ked us off to go and sign for Coventry because of a bit of extra dollar.

He can get shagged as far as i'm concerned- i don't want to see any player taking SWFC for mugs, never mind a player who isn't even very good.

Straight from the 'standard owlstalk opinion' shelf that one.

Guest pwilkysowls

it seems richard wood stirs up emotions and feelings

more than most ex players why??

doubt he will stay at coventry

but we simply dont need another centre half do we?

maybe warnock will sign him??

Guest pwilkysowls

This thread is a prime example of how football fans are far from objective.

If the circumstances of his exit were different, people wouldn't be so scathing about him.

It's like a load of jilted birds discussing an ex.

'he had a small wee wee tail anyway '

how the f.ck would you know dont wednesday players need big balls?

Guest pwilkysowls

In that season, we might have had the best home defensive record in the league- but we also had the WORST away record in the entire division.

In all of the other seasons with us, he was average, apart from in Derby games.

Oh, and on top of that, he handed in a transfer request after accepting the club captaincy at his boyhood team, and eventually f**ked us off to go and sign for Coventry because of a bit of extra dollar.

He can get shagged as far as i'm concerned- i don't want to see any player taking SWFC for mugs, never mind a player who isn't even very good.

leeds scum his boyhood team actually sir

it seems richard wood stirs up emotions and feelings

more than most ex players why??

doubt he will stay at coventry

but we simply dont need another centre half do we?

maybe warnock will sign him??

I liked him and still do.

If we really have to have another centre half then I would choose him. Mainly because of his pace.

But you are right that we don't need another one as we already have a stack of em.

Or the only sane way of assessing the situation having looked at all of the relevant facts?

All of the 'facts' that suit your argument.

There are many facts and people pick and choose the ones that suits them.

A load of people could say Rooney is amazing. Another load could say he is shyte. Each would choose the 'facts' that suit their standpoint.

So don't give me crap about facts. It insults my intelligence.

Edited by Beholder

He was a good player when he left.

I was speaking to a Coventry ST holder a few weeks back and asked him how RW had been for them.

He was pretty nonplussed about him to be honest.

I don't think he's pulled any trees up at Coventry and don't think that he is the player that he was when he left us. And he wasn't getting in the Coventry team that got relegated last season.

And for that reason... I'm out.

laws deliberatly stirred the poo poo and then brought him on as sub knowing he would get villified.

Laws after that went down in my estimation.

Does the cart pull the horse? What Laws did might have been unnecessary but you seem to have cause and effect the wrong way round.

But none of that is any reason for Wood to be precluded from joining us. His apparently mediocre standards since leaving us are however.

Richard Wood has pace? I must have blinked every time he used it! lol

He has pace, it just takes him 40 yards before he reaches it, coincidentally, that's the amount of space he used to leave behind him ensuring strikers with actual pace had a nice pocket to aim for.

All of the 'facts' that suit your argument.

There are many facts and people pick and choose the ones that suits them.

A load of people could say Rooney is amazing. Another load could say he is shyte. Each would choose the 'facts' that suit their standpoint.

So don't give me crap about facts. It insults my intelligence.

I'm very interested to hear all of the stats and facts that show him to be such a good player for us?

The only one you've offered so far is that he had a really good season the year before Purse signed. That can somewhat be balanced against the fact that, in the same season as his 'really good one', we had conceded stacks of goals away from home (more than any of the other 23 teams in the league) and that forced Laws to go and sign someone like Purse to try and stop us constantly collapsing like a Jenga block.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

I'm very interested to hear all of the stats and facts that show him to be such a good player for us?

The only one you've offered so far is that he had a really good season the year before Purse signed. That can somewhat be balanced against the fact that, in the same season as his 'really good one', we had conceded stacks of goals away from home (more than any of the other 23 teams in the league) and that forced Laws to go and sign someone like Purse to try and stop us constantly collapsing like a Jenga block.

We defend as a team.

You have already outlined the home defensive record that season.

But then, outlining goals conceded stats do not necessarily reflect the performance of one defender.

Guest pwilkysowls

"Wood struggled to command a regular first-team place at Coventry last term, making just 12 league starts and five substitute appearances."

"Wood is one of Coventry’s highest earners and is likely to command a transfer fee."

Sounds like he needs us more than we need him. A left footed centre half, let alone one who couldn't get into a relegation team last season, is the last thing we need at the moment.

for some reason thorn didnt play wood but thorn told coleman to buy him strange!!