Woody coming back ?

Guest intercity0wl

Dunno what the move has done to Woody, he could have gone backwards as a player.

But there are many reasons why a good player does not get the games,.

I would have him back as a squad player if we were getting the same person back and the same player we had.

We need more homegrowns in our squad and Woody was an example of a player that played through injury and who set a good example for other players in training and games.

PS - Woody went for the same wage we were offering. The agent got a much bigger fee out of the move versus staying, that fee is what impacted our transfer fee.

PPS - The embittered and the jealous are never gonna give up, the funny thing is they still don't get how obviously bad they come across as people.

Regards

Lee

Guest GodsanOwl

I don't know or care about the situation that caused Richard Wood's departure.

I didn't think he was anything special last time he was here and wasn't bothered when he left.

Working on the fact that our squad is exponentially better than the one he left, I don't think he would be good enough to warm the bench!

Guest We Shall Overcome

Dunno what the move has done to Woody, he could have gone backwards as a player.

But there are many reasons why a good player does not get the games,.

I would have him back as a squad player if we were getting the same person back and the same player we had.

We need more homegrowns in our squad and Woody was an example of a player that played through injury and who set a good example for other players in training and games.

PS - Woody went for the same wage we were offering. The agent got a much bigger fee out of the move versus staying, that fee is what impacted our transfer fee.

PPS - The embittered and the jealous are never gonna give up, the funny thing is they still don't get how obviously bad they come across as people.

Regards

Lee

Yes we do need home grown talent in the squad, but, Wednesday need better players than wood anyway dj wont be after him he's not that daft.

As I've pointed out many times before, in 1990 we were relegated despite our squad including David Hirst, Nigel Pearson, John Sheridan, Carlton Palmer, Kevin Pressman, Roland Nilsson, Trevor Francis, Dalian Atkinson, Nigel Worthington and Peter Shirtliff. And they were managed by Ron Atkinson.

People who use a team's relegation as 'proof' that some of it's players or managers aren't good enough would do well to consider that.

Who cares!? It's more then likely BS anyway (how many people have we been linked with this season who we actually were/are after?) !!! I'm sure DJ knows about RW and knows that his defenders here are better than him and that he would add nothing more then being an extra body to the squad and pay-roll. Money better spent elsewhere.