Marlon Harewood

How about trying to borrow Shotton now we're in the championship. He's quick and strong and plays on the right, important because all five of our other centrebacks are left footed

can you or anyone explain to me why it matters what foot centre backs play with?

Been writing Harewood off for years and he always seems to defy the critics and prove em wrong.

Don't know what people are on about criticising his record! It stands up. Also, not sure about the comparisons to COG.

Despite his age and the injuries, last time I saw him play, he still had pace and was more explosive. Also, got more of a goalscorers instinct, despite being rash in front of goal.

Proves himself then a contract based heavily on pay-as-you-play could be decent.

lovin that pineapple business even tho torryowl is usually a good poster! it seems everybody just wants an happy clappers forum where everybodys lovin everything about everything and we all turn into owllincoln!

its not a question of happy clapper, for what its worth i dont think he's good enough, the point i was making was why would anyone hope that someone playing for wednesday" fails drastically".........its a concept of being a supporter i dont understand .

Some very special people in this thread..

If he signs then it means he's had a VERY good pre season (he will have to perform better than the other strikers)

so if we sign him it's cause he's performing better than our current strikers

SO how can it be a bad signing?!?

what i find more strange is most of our deals have been done very much under the radar and not reported by anyone anywhere until official, so for a deal to be this public whilst so far away from any sort of completion seems against the grain. Maybe this is to show other clubs that we may not be as rich as they think. jus an example but reading might be holding out for 700k with the mindset that mandaric has said he wants x amount of players in with promotion in mind, so they may as well see how much they can push him for. However, compare that to if they then see that we are in fact lookin to bring in players "initially?" on trial, then maybe we appear to be very cautious to spend what little money we have, and the negotiation maybe completely different

..this of course could be absolute pie in the sky stuff

Some very special people in this thread..

If he signs then it means he's had a VERY good pre season (he will have to perform better than the other strikers)

so if we sign him it's cause he's performing better than our current strikers

SO how can it be a bad signing?!?

post-445-0-05010900-1332341343_thumb.jpg

:tongue:

Was a quality target man during his spell on loan with us a couple of years back, scored when presented with an opportunity, and assisted others.

I haven't seen many stronger center forwards over the years than Marlon, his hold-up play was first-rate.

He'd certainly lost a fair bit of pace though back then, so I'd expect him to be even slower now. And according to Forest supporters, he was gash there last season.

But I think he's worth a look, at least. And I don't agree with questions about his attitude - he worked hard.

Still, it's as risky an acquisition as our own gamble with Mido.

Guest Dadders

DJ has not given me any reason to distrust his delves into the transfer market so far......so I won't. But this move wouldn't excite me.....

Was a quality target man during his spell on loan with us a couple of years back, scored when presented with an opportunity, and assisted others.

I haven't seen many stronger center forwards over the years than Marlon, his hold-up play was first-rate.

He'd certainly lost a fair bit of pace though back then, so I'd expect him to be even slower now. And according to Forest supporters, he was gash there last season.

But I think he's worth a look, at least. And I don't agree with questions about his attitude - he worked hard.

Still, it's as risky an acquisition as our own gamble with Mido.

Good points, although with Mido I would suggest that he represents a bigger gamble (due to his personality) but with potentially greater rewards.