Marlon Harewood

We can do a lot better than signing Harewood.

I agree, although if he can prove his fitness we could probably do a lot worse.

4 years ago I would have loved a player like him, would be disappointed if he was on a big wage now though.

Guest branksomeowl

Maybe its worth having a look, as you say nothing to lose Get the feeling we're trying to get this squad together on the cheap

We are.

:milan: wants to maximise the profit he'll make from selling the club... and I get the feeling that could be sooner rather than later.

Do you think he's thinking along those lines? He must have noticed the foreign investors moving into the championship, Russians at Reading, Thai"s at Leicester and the Malaysians at Cardiff. Now the trend continues, with Watford, Leeds and Forest. He may figure it will take substantial funding to get to the Premiership and there are no guarantees, whereas he could establish us in the championship for peanuts then sell us on and let the new investors worry about funding a promotion push. If we're brutally honest, nothing about our recruitment so far suggests we might be prepared to have a go at promotion.

he's always been vvank. Had pace and thats it, bit of a donkey if i'm honest. Hope he fails drastically on trial.

Not sure i agree with any of that, If he`s always been vvank as you say then how come he`s played in the premiership with numerous clubs? Also he`s got a 1 in 3 goals per game ratio with every club he`s been at, All games at championship or above level might i add, I will take that any day of the week.

Zak what have Madine and Maguire achieved in this league to warrant being first choice? I agree they probably will, but only due to the paucity of the other options

Nothing but I reckon most will see it this way and you have made it clear you do, so why ask the question if you believe it will happen?

I was just making my point that its hard to get good players to sit on the bench

I asked the question to find out why you thought it would happen. Clearly I don't think it should happen. I'd like to see four strikers all able to come in and do a job when called upon, without noticing any discernible drop in quality

Guest llshibby

Zak what have Madine and Maguire achieved in this league to warrant being first choice? I agree they probably will, but only due to the paucity of the other options

Madine has achieved nothing in the Championship because he has not played in it before. He is our first choice because he is our current top scorer and we got promoted. It is common for promoted teams to keep their previous top scorer in the team. Maguire did not succeed at Derby but seemed to impress at Portsmouth, at least he always appeared involved according to Soccer Saturday. Pretty happy to trust Jones on his ability to succeed.

Harewood might be good. When he signed for Blackpool everyone thought he would be rubbish and then he scored two on his debut as Blackpool won 4-0 and went on a decent early start to the season. Think he'd be a good impact substitute and solid enough for a few full games especially if Madine is injured/suspended.

I'd be surprised that if we signed Harewood it would be the end of the summer striker signings

Not sure i agree with any of that, If he`s always been vvank as you say then how come he`s played in the premiership with numerous clubs? Also he`s got a 1 in 3 goals per game ratio with every club he`s been at, All games at championship or above level might i add, I will take that any day of the week.

Facts supporting a positive opinion. Are you mad?

The rules are we get linked with a player, then we slate that player having not seen him kick a ball and totally disregard the opinion of our brilliant manager.

Get with it.