Marlon Harewood

It's this thing again where some can't weigh up the plus points and drawbacks of a player so they just say 'he's w@nk' or whatever. Well cheers for that, look forward to seeing you imparting such wisdom on ITV's football coverage (which probably would be an improvement).

If you think he's got no ability you're totally wrong.

Pros -

Played his whole career, barring a short spell in China, in the top two divisions.

Good goal ratio for Blackpool, Barnsley, Newcastle, West Ham and Forest.

16 for West Ham in a season where they got to the FA Cup final and came 9th in the Premier League. 22 in the Championship the year before.

26 goals in the 03/04 season, 21 the year before that.

Cons -

Question marks over his application at times.

Turns 33 next month.

The wages could perhaps be better spent elsewhere.

It's down to what Jones feels is right and I think he deserves trust in his judgement, after all he's not got a bad record at our club so far has he?

Edited by CB31

It's this thing again where some can't weigh up the plus points and drawbacks of a player so they just say 'he's w@nk' or whatever. Well cheers for that, look forward to seeing you imparting such wisdom on ITV's football coverage (which probably would be an improvement).

If you think he's got no ability you're totally wrong.

Pros -

Played his whole career, barring a short spell in China, in the top two divisions.

Good goal ratio for Blackpool, Barnsley, Newcastle, West Ham and Forest.

16 for West Ham in a season where they got to the FA Cup final and came 9th in the Premier League. 22 in the Championship the year before.

26 goals in the 03/04 season, 21 the year before that.

Cons -

Question marks over his application at times.

Turns 33 next month.

The wages could perhaps be better spent elsewhere.

It's down to what Jones feels is right and I think he deserves trust in his judgement, after all he's not got a bad record at our club so far has he?

jesus christ, if he's that fkin good he wouldnt only be invited for a friggin trial. He'd have been snapped up on at least a one year deal if he anything left to give.

And why do people keep bringing up what he did 12 years ago? It means sod all now. What did he do last year??????

jesus christ, if he's that fkin good he wouldnt only be invited for a friggin trial. He'd have been snapped up on at least a one year deal if he anything left to give.

And why do people keep bringing up what he did 12 years ago? It means sod all now. What did he do last year??????

Yeah you're right, cheers.

And the bit in bold - I mentioned what hes done from his time at Forest all the way through to the end of the 2010/11 season. But if in doubt throw some bullsh!t in to your argument as you did.

Yeah you're right, cheers.

And the bit in bold - I mentioned what hes done from his time at Forest all the way through to the end of the 2010/11 season. But if in doubt throw some bullsh!t in to your argument as you did.

1. i didnt see any7thing in bold

2. he's scored 14 goals in the last 3 YEARS IN ENGLAND.

Yep, sure fire bet to be a great one.

b**lsh*t? i say it as it is, not grasp at straws from years ago.

if we had any intention of spending transfer fees why bother with has beens like this?

the most we have spent is 200k on maguire this pattern will be repeated imo

i.e. no antonio probably go to uddersfelt and we'll have the same old poo poo about matching the fee

End of day it's only a trial.

DJ is not daft.

If he gets fit surely could be a good freebie as he knows where net is.

I for one will back him when he wears the shirt.

Harwood proven in champ and higher

Madine, Lowe and Cogba are not. (IMO Lowe could make step up, I think he is clever enough to use the pace he has to work defenders out to his advantage)

In DJ we trust

1. i didnt see any7thing in bold

2. he's scored 14 goals in the last 3 YEARS IN ENGLAND.

Yep, sure fire bet to be a great one.

b**lsh*t? i say it as it is, not grasp at straws from years ago.

You say it as it is, apart from ignoring the fact I'd looked at the positives AND negatives of signing him and said ultimately the trust should be placed with Jones.

Guest wilyfox

if often helps to have a few players that have been there and done it - even if their best days are behind them. names like Gardner, Norris and Harewood might not excite the fans, but the experience they bring to the squad is a necessity. so long as we don't overload with players of this kind, i don't see what the problem is. we're signing good young prospects too like Lee, Mattock & Maguire whilst looking further afield to Amado and Regula (possibly). it's all good...

It has , as Daz says, more to do with budget for me. If we don't have a competitive budget for the championship, then DJ has to look around for ways of keeping us in the league on a shoestring. Having a close look at Koumas and Harewood makes complete sense. I guess it was just a case of expectations being too high. We are no different from other football fans in that we probably expect more than can reasonably be achieved. Perhaps if the club toned down the rhetoric, maybe then our expectations would be more realistic. At the end of the day, most of us are just happy to be out of that division.

if often helps to have a few players that have been there and done it - even if their best days are behind them. names like Gardner, Norris and Harewood might not excite the fans, but the experience they bring to the squad is a necessity. so long as we don't overload with players of this kind, i don't see what the problem is. we're signing good young prospects too like Lee, Mattock & Maguire whilst looking further afield to Amado and Regula (possibly). it's all good...

for the record i think the AG signing is an excellent one, by all accounts was CP's best player the last 2 years.

I'm also fine with an experinced ball playing CMF.

I like the young acqisitions, just truly hate the thought of a has been striker in our ranks, had enough of that with Morrison.

Guest wilyfox

for the record i think the AG signing is an excellent one, by all accounts was CP's best player the last 2 years.

I'm also fine with an experinced ball playing CMF.

I like the young acqisitions, just truly hate the thought of a has been striker in our ranks, had enough of that with Morrison.

might be a little unfair to tar Harewood with Clinton's brush. they are two very different players & different people. if the outcome is the same then you may say "i told you so..." - but that can only be said afterwards.

14 goals in 30 starts and 16 sub appearances is another way of looking at it..

Goal every 2 starts, a goal every 3 games in total, over the last 3 years.

If DJ wants to take a look at him that's fine, we've nothing to lose, and if DJ thinks he's worth a look, I'll take that above your or my own personal opinion of him.

post-445-0-68041700-1329260054_thumb.jpg

Guest Big Guns

might be a little unfair to tar Harewood with Clinton's brush. they are two very different players & different people. if the outcome is the same then you may say "i told you so..." - but that can only be said afterwards.

flip hindsight I'm going to risk my reputation and say he'd be a flippingshocking signing ....

they are two different players for sure, and people yes, Morrison was the consumate pro, Harewood is a fat lazy pos with a bad atitude.

Honestly i wont need to say i told you so cos most of the people who think he'll be a good signing will be saying that as if they said it originally.lol

Edited by OntarioOwl

What he demands and what he gets (should he be even offered a contract) are two different things. If MM isn't willing to shed out on large transfer fees then he's not going to be extravagant with wages and contract lengths either - that a fact!

If Harewood and Koumas sign, presumably that will be it as far as up front and central midfield are concerned. So just a couple of wingers and another centre back to come. Could probably pick up at least a couple of them on loan