Will Milan spend significantly?

A couple of simple questions (for fun and to get us into giddy fits) for discussion:

1. Will Milan spend significantly?
  2. If so/if not, why?
  3. How much will he spend?

My answers are:

1. Yes.
  2. I think he will see that the teams coming down from the Premier League are somewhat fvcked both squad wise and financially and, with the exception of Leicester, none of the other top CCC sides are significantly spending and/or recruiting, and with these facts in mind, he will see this season as a real opportunity to achieve promotion.
  3. I think he will spend at least £2M and increase the wage budget by 50%.

MM does not spend Money. His track record shows this.

He gets teams to a point where he can sell for a huge profit.

The benefit for SWFC is that they will remain on a firm financial footing as long as MM is in charge. The problem is that MM tends to sell to the highest bidder regardless of their credentials.

Depends on what you mean by significant but I think not.

He is shrewd and careful with his money. He believes the him, PA and DJ can get the required players on a smallish budget.

Not an FN clue

MM does not spend Money. His track record shows this.

He gets teams to a point where he can sell for a huge profit.

The benefit for SWFC is that they will remain on a firm financial footing as long as MM is in charge. The problem is that MM tends to sell to the highest bidder regardless of their credentials.

That's what brings me crashing down to earth when i think of our current situation.What will we get after MM? I know we should all just enjoy it while we canbut i'm really worried for the long term, look at Blackburn, Birmingham etc etc

Guest Jpower

In Milan we trust we don't need to break bank first season back in championship 2 wingers 1 playmaker 2 strikers is what's needed

I think we will have to spend significantly. Securing Ranger, Batth (or equivalent) Treacy and Antonio will cost somewhere in the region of 2 million collectively. Certainly that would be good business. However I reckon there will be one stand out signing that will surprise us, and that will be the one that costs. Sure we won't be splashing 5 million on one player, but Milan has proved with the purchase of Madine, while we were a third tier club, that he is not afraid to spend big if the need arises

Milan has said the next phase of signings won't be cheap,so yes he will spend.

I think he will spend what is needed on a deal by deal basis.

He has also said in a round about way that we aren't just here to make up the numbers and we are looking to add quality to challenge and that loans will be kept to a minimum.

All in all,exciting times lay ahead my friends.

Guest olivera

MM said on bbc radio Sheffield its a good chance that swfc are his last club, therefore he will splash the cash!

I dont think he will spend significantly on one player (although we all have different ideas of what significant is) but will pay fees on a number of players now which will probably amount to a significant amount cumulatively along with competitive wages.

I think he knows this is the time to strike and this is his time to spend, it might not always be like this. Milan at other clubs has been a try before you buy type chairman, who has spent money on successful loanees such as Waghorn and Hobbs. He has focused mainly on the best freebies but has also spent money on the likes of Howard and Fryatt.

The good thing is, that hopefully any players we do buy will have a market value and represent an investment. If he does spend big, as in over £750k-1m, I think it will be on a striker.