OFFICIAL - Joe Mattock Signs

Spoke to a Blunt about him, said he wasn't that impressive for them, but what most Blunts fail to add is that, he'd hardly played football in 6/9 months before joining them.

Million pound move seemed to come to early for this lad and went to his head. Hopefully, having been around the place a bit now and having had his share of ups and downs, he'll be wiser for it.

Will be interesting to see how he fits into DJ's system. Most people who have seen him play mention his attacking ability but from last season, DJ wasn't overly keen on full-backs getting too far forward and cramping the wingers. This might not be worst thing in world, as lack of pace has also been referred to, so hopefully will pick and choose times to get forward prudently, so any lack of pace isn't so easily exposed.

Imo 13k is a start and it will be more before the start of the season, but there is more money about down in brighton than there is in sheffield, fact

south yorkshire is the most economically deprived county in the country. so for us to get the crowds we do is absolutely brilliant!!!

Guest chesowl

I think Terry Burton may have had a helping hand in this transfer.

Will know the lad well from coaching WBA and most players rave about how good Burton is with the coaching sessions.

Sure he will know how to get the most from him in a league below.

Very good, solid signing. Yet again an improvement in squad quality.

Radio Sheffield reporters did not have a clue, DJ doesn't trust them.

Could that be because of the grilling Paul Walker gave Dave Jones at his initial press conference, from what I heard, Mister Walker really went for the throat.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest foreverSWFC

Could that be because of the grilling Paul Walker gave Dave Jones at his initial press conference, from what I heard, Mister Walker really went for the throat.

Could be, but i read that in his autobiography DJ became very dissappointed with the local press after their treatment of Stephen McPhail whilst he was at Cardiff, he didn't trust them from then on, may have a negative effect on his relationship with local journalists, perhaps why he likes to keep things under wraps.

Could be, but i read that in his autobiography DJ became very dissappointed with the local press after their treatment of Stephen McPhail whilst he was at Cardiff, he didn't trust them from then on, may have a negative effect on his relationship with local journalists, perhaps why he likes to keep things under wraps.

Explains things a lot. I imagine that has a lot to do with it.

What was up with McPhail? Knew he'd suffered from injuries during time there but was he struggling with something else too?

What was up with McPhail? Knew he'd suffered from injuries during time there but was he struggling with something else too?

Don't want to put things out there that arent true but wasnt it some disease or cancer or something (im sure it was him).

Guest foreverSWFC

Explains things a lot. I imagine that has a lot to do with it.

Stephen McPhail was battling cancer and they constantly slated him on air and in the papers, DJ didn'tthink it was fair and thought they were not given an unbiased opinion.

I dunno, may just make him more conscious to reveal anything to the local press as he doesn't trust what they may say.

Stephen McPhail was battling cancer and they constantly slated him on air and in the papers, DJ didn'tthink it was fair and thought they were not given an unbiased opinion.

I dunno, may just make him more conscious to reveal anything to the local press as he doesn't trust what they may say.

Was Jones' autobiog worth reading?

Guest foreverSWFC

Was Jones' autobiog worth reading?

I've ordered his autobiography, not read it yet, just picked that up from someone who posted it yesterday on Owlstalk.

But the thread down the page shows alot of people think it's a really good read, quite shocking apparently how he had to deal with the incorrect allegations put upon him, i'm looking forward to it.

I've ordered his autobiography, not read it yet, just picked that up from someone who posted it yesterday on Owlstalk.

But the thread down the page shows alot of people think it's a really good read, quite shocking apparently how he had to deal with the incorrect allegations put upon him, i'm looking forward to it.

May well give it a read. Interesting some fans of previous clubs said he wasn't that passionate / bit reserved and was a manager who was hard to have a real affinity with. Not been case for us. Obviously, the end of season form and promotion helped but I like his character (needed a lot to deal with past) and also his professionalism - just no nonsense and seems a really genuine guy. Clearly most important thing is he's a damn good manager, which he's proving himself to be.

Guest foreverSWFC

May well give it a read. Interesting some fans of previous clubs said he wasn't that passionate / bit reserved and was a manager who was hard to have a real affinity with. Not been case for us. Obviously, the end of season form and promotion helped but I like his character (needed a lot to deal with past) and also his professionalism - just no nonsense and seems a really genuine guy. Clearly most important thing is he's a damn good manager, which he's proving himself to be.

He did an interview on Wednesday player and he said it irritates him when people say he is not passionate, because he really is. I think he is a very proffessional manager and does his business the way he wants to do it. More reserved than Megson, won't say much but will quietly and confidently do a good job. Milan made one heck of a decision, and i think we've easily got one of the best managers in the Championship.