OFFICIAL - Joe Mattock Signs

I hope this doesnt happen. Im from leicester and have played against him many times in youth football (he started at aylestone park - gary linekars first club) and has been an absolute arsehole since he was about 15. He's the sort of player i expect to see at s2 not with us. I also recall a night out where he jumped the taxi queue ,then when people in the queue complained he wound the window down and spat at him. Not to mention he ko'd that woman. That video was sickening. W4NKER - PLEASE JONES NO!

I`m prepared to judje the kid on his footballing ability all the same mate,not what he gets upto in his own time,couldn`t give a flying **** what he`s like off the pitch as long as its of no detriment to the club,cracking signing for a freebie imo.

This is a very good jab in the arm as to where we are going, I really rate this lad and on a free its seriously very good business, we are building a very decent squad right now!

I'm happy with this signing.

I'm loving the fact that no fvcker... Percy, Radio Sheff, Twitter ITK'ers etc. haven't got a scooby what's happening at Hillsborough.

We're picking up good players on free's and doing it early. It excites me.

Onwards and upwards.

Absolutely spot on! Let the rumor mill keep rolling on elsewhere and DJ/MM will make the announcements when it's all 100% done and dusted.

First pre-season in years that I can think of not having to worry about who we are bringing in....it's in safe hands.

Hope Mattock proves to be good, certainly started out with a good pedigree and looks like he lost his way a bit....hopefully DJ is the man to get the best out of him and kick his career on.

Joe Mattock's career record

Leicester City

Apps 73

Goals 1

West Bromwich Albion

Apps 37

Goals 1

Sheffield United

Apps 13

Goals 0

Portsmouth

Apps 7

Goals 0

Brighton and Hove Albion

Apps 15

Goals 1

England U'17

Apps 1

Goals 0

England U'19

Apps 13

Goals 1

England U'21

Apps 5

Goals 0

Welcome to Hillsborough and good luck Joe Mattock.

Ill be honest ive never heard of him but how good does it feel to be signing players with a bit of pedigree

a former England international GK, an former ManUre yoof and now a player who was signed not long ago for a £1m

a world of difference to our signings last time we were in the Championship

keep them coming!

Ill be honest ive never heard of him but how good does it feel to be signing players with a bit of pedigree

a former England international GK, an former ManUre yoof and now a player who was signed not long ago for a £1m

a world of difference to our signings last time we were in the Championship

keep them coming!

How good is it to have signed 3 players by now?

Joe Mattock's career record

Leicester City

Apps 73

Goals 1

West Bromwich Albion

Apps 37

Goals 1

Sheffield United

Apps 13

Goals 0

Portsmouth

Apps 7

Goals 0

Brighton and Hove Albion

Apps 15

Goals 1

England U'17

Apps 1

Goals 0

England U'19

Apps 13

Goals 1

England U'21

Apps 5

Goals 0

Welcome to Hillsborough and good luck Joe Mattock.

You know its official when aero welcomes him to hillsborough lol

Whenever we sign a player like this, who has been under the radar for most people, it always amazes me how the majority reckon he's a 'brilliant signing'. Most people on here have never seen the frigger play, and I'm sure the same lemmings contributed similar posts to celebrate the captures of Craig Shakespeare, Con Blatsis and Adam Bolder.

He may well be the next Puskas, but I'm going to do the radical thing and watch the lad play a few games prior to making such an observation.

From PigsMad:

re: Owls Close In On Mattock

He's signed a 3 year deal with The Owls.

Knowing you boys were interested in him I expected him joining you, because after all you're light years ahead of us on and off the pitch.

:tango:

I am impressed with this one.

When WBA announced that Shorey and Mattock had been released I suggested that either of them could do a job for us.

In Mattock we have brought in the younger one who's value could rocket with a solid season or two behind him. Solid young player who has experience and could get better!

UTO

Whenever we sign a player like this, who has been under the radar for most people, it always amazes me how the majority reckon he's a 'brilliant signing'. Most people on here have never seen the frigger play, and I'm sure the same lemmings contributed similar posts to celebrate the captures of Craig Shakespeare, Con Blatsis and Adam Bolder.

He may well be the next Puskas, but I'm going to do the radical thing and watch the lad play a few games prior to making such an observation.

Killjoy

Guest wilyfox

I am impressed with this one.

When WBA announced that Shorey and Mattock had been released I suggested that either of them could do a job for us.

In Mattock we have brought in the younger one who's value could rocket with a solid season or two behind him. Solid young player who has experience and could get better!

UTO

he was a £1m player, and we've got him for nowt. his value can only go one way really...